Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So if Indy loses next week, is the Jags game irrelevant? Beat the Texans and we are in or do the Texans hold the tie breaker if we split the series? Do we have to beat the Texans no matter what at this point or is there another way in? If the Jags win out, does our draft pick improve?

I have no doubt in my mind we win out, but I am curious about the various scenarios...

That's my understanding.

If the records are tied, then the Texans win the AFC South.

If the Titans and Texans both win next week it basically comes down to a do or die in Week-17 I thought.

Texans are undefeated in the division but I still kept seeing if Titans win out they win no matter what

Plus if Ravens and Dolphins lose out, and Denver goes down with a loss, we get that wildcard using our alligator arms. So win at Jacksonville opens up some options that are still feasible like a good crispy duck. And then if we don't take the Texans for whatever reason, we have a small window to crawl through even as the car sinks. Must win for division, pretty much a yes but not quite if Texans lose next week, must win for playoffs, not really, but close.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Titans and Texans both win next week it basically comes down to a do or die in Week-17 I thought.

Texans are undefeated in the division but I still kept seeing if Titans win out they win no matter what

Because if we win out we will be 10-6 Texans would be 9-7

Texans bengals game only matters if we lose to Jax.

To OP, if IND loses the game next week, their game with Jax will not matter. They'd only be able to get to 8-8. Because Houston/Ten play each other, one will be 9-7 or better.

So if Indy loses next week, is the Jags game irrelevant? Beat the Texans and we are in or do the Texans hold the tie breaker if we split the series? Do we have to beat the Texans no matter what at this point or is there another way in? If the Jags win out, does our draft pick improve?

I have no doubt in my mind we win out, but I am curious about the various scenarios...

We must win out to advance.

Interestingly, I noticed that if we win out, we most likely will get KC in the Wildcard Round. Of course, this time the game would be in Nashville. :)

Another interesting item:

Projected playoff teams with our matchups against them:

KC (Defeated them 19-17)
NE (Did not play them)
PIT (Did not play them)
MIA (Defeated them 30-17)
OAK (Lost to them 10-17)

Defeated 2/3 playoff teams we have faced. Lost to OAK in a close game. The only team I feel we would have a lot of difficulty defeating is NE. If we can defeat JAX and HOU (Big IF), we have a legitimate shot to make an underdog run to the SB.

I really hate the Jags right now for blowing that game.

Had they held on like any other team would have, we'd have a chance to clinch the division next week!... with a W and Texans & Colts L - both are likely.

If we beat the Jags like we should, I think there's a chance the Texans rest their starters that night against the Bengals.

By the way, who was the person who got on me after the Colts loss when I was still saying we had a good shot at the playoffs? Show yourself.

This team has raised my expectations, so I now expect to make the playoffs. And I'm going to expect to make the playoffs every year from here on out... because that's what fans of winning organizations do.

We must win out to advance.

Interestingly, I noticed that if we win out, we most likely will get KC in the Wildcard Round. Of course, this time the game would be in Nashville. :)

Another interesting item:

Projected playoff teams with our matchups against them:

KC (Defeated them 19-17)
NE (Did not play them)
PIT (Did not play them)
MIA (Defeated them 30-17)
OAK (Lost to them 10-17)

Defeated 2/3 playoff teams we have faced. Lost to OAK in a close game. The only team I feel we would have a lot of difficulty defeating is NE. If we can defeat JAX and HOU (Big IF), we have a legitimate shot to make an underdog run to the SB.

We don't have to win out to advance, but in all likelihood we will need to. If we lose next week along with the Colts and Texans, we're still in position to win the division in the finale.

Granted if we lose to the Jags, then F this team.

We don't have to win out to advance, but in all likelihood we will need to. If we lose next week along with the Colts and Texans, we're still in position to win the division in the finale.

Granted if we lose to the Jags, then F this team.

Yeah, I'm just banking that INDY and HOU both win next week. We had better take care of JAX.

The irony would be dripping if after going through all the trouble of beating Denver and KC to drop a game to the Jags who just fired their coach snd OC. I can't see this team doing that. Take care of business and they will be rewarded with the final game.

Getting hot at the right time. Damn I hope we win the next two and make the playoffs. As much as I didn't believe in Mularkey...this team is doing great right now.

To win the division we have to win out. If we finish 9-7, we can get the 6 seed wildcard spot but it takes 7 or 8 other games falling in our favor.

I really hate the Jags right now for blowing that game.

Had they held on like any other team would have, we'd have a chance to clinch the division next week!... with a W and Texans & Colts L - both are likely.

If we beat the Jags like we should, I think there's a chance the Texans rest their starters that night against the Bengals.

By the way, who was the person who got on me after the Colts loss when I was still saying we had a good shot at the playoffs? Show yourself.

This team has raised my expectations, so I now expect to make the playoffs. And I'm going to expect to make the playoffs every year from here on out... because that's what fans of winning organizations do.

Haven't even thought of this yet. Apparently drinking and arguing over mock drafts on here in January is a thing I don't do anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back