Jordan Roos
Derwin Gray
Brandon Kemp
Christian Delauro

Free Agents

Ben Jones
David Quessenberry
Avery Gennesy

The Titans offensive line remained one of the best in the country at run blocking in 2021 but fell to nearly dead last in pass protection (only Miami was worse). Look at these pass blocking grades and cringe: Lewan 71.1, Saffold 46.7, Jones 66.3, Davis 49.5, Quessenberry 61.6, Brewer 48.7, Lamm 46.7, Levin 7.3, Radunz 39.5. Clearly, the only decent 3 on the team were Lewan, Jones and Quessenberry. My guess is all three are back in some capacity. Saffold feels destined to be released. Radunz, Brewer and Davis will all need to improve if they expect to start for this team. In all likelihood, there will be at least 2 new starters next year, with pass protection guiding what we do next.

Free Agent OL

Guards

Brandon Scherff
Andrew Norwell
Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff
Austin Corbett
James Daniels
Connor Williams
Alex Cappa
Alex Lewis
Laken Tomlinson
Mark Glowinski

Tackles

Orlando Brown Jr.
Duane Brown
Nate Solder
Cam Robinson
Terron Armstead
Eric Fisher
Riley Reiff
Chriss Hubbard
Trenton Brown
Morgan Moses

This is a pretty good OL pool from which to draw, but money could be tight for the Titans and there is always stiff competition for good FA O-linemen. If we are looking to upgrade one Guard and one Tackle position as expected, a combination of draft and FA additions will likely be the best scenario. It should be noted that of the top 40 highest-graded guards and tackles in the league last year, only 15 out of the top 40 were taken in the 1st round. Meaning spending a 1st on OL isn’t a necessity for quality. Sidenote: QB and EDGE are the only positions where 1st round selections consistently do better than later choices.

Top OL draft prospects who likely go in Round 1-4

Guard

Kenyon Green
Zion Johnson
Ed Ingram
Jamaree Salyer
G/T Luke Goedeke
Marquis Hayes
Chasen Hines
Justin Shaffer
Thayor Munford
Tyrese Robinson

Tackle

Evan Neal
Ikem Ekwonu
Charles Cross
Trevor Penning
Tyler Smith
Nick Petit-Frere
Daniel Faalele
Darian Kinnard
Rasheed Walker
Bernhard Raimann
Abraham Lucas
Max Mitchell

What we have here is a pretty terrible group of Guards and a deep group of Tackles, including several that could still be available in Round 3. If the Titans decide to forego selecting an offensive lineman in Round 1, they should still be able to find viable prospects in later rounds.

I’ll get the conversation going.

Re-signing Ben Jones is a no brainer, and I’m sure he’d love to end his career in Nashville. It’s clear that this is a better draft class for tackle than guard and guards are much cheaper in FA. Radunz clearly looked more comfortable at Tackle, and should be part of the competition for a Tackle spot in camp. If Saffold is released as expected, that really only leaves Davis and Brewer in the Guard mix. That can’t happen. Bringing in Guard competition via FA makes too much sense. Norwell and Sherff are the best pass blockers but are already 30. Corbett and Cappa are both younger but still very solid. I’d probably go all in for Cappa who should be pricey ($10 mil/yr.), but would be a stalwart at the Guard position for 4-5 years. I’d then draft a Tackle in the 3rd round to compete with Radunz and Quesenberry (who I would re-sign for cheap). Thoughts?

Let’s talk about Offensive Linemen

OL on the roster for 2022

Taylor Lewan
Rodger Saffold
Kendall Lamm
Nate Davis
Dillon Radunz
Corey Levin
Daniel Munyer
Aaron Brewer
Jordan Roos
Derwin Gray
Brandon Kemp
Christian Delauro

Free Agents

Ben Jones
David Quessenberry
Avery Gennesy

The Titans offensive line remained one of the best in the country at run blocking in 2021 but fell to nearly dead last in pass protection (only Miami was worse). Look at these pass blocking grades and cringe: Lewan 71.1, Saffold 46.7, Jones 66.3, Davis 49.5, Quessenberry 61.6, Brewer 48.7, Lamm 46.7, Levin 7.3, Radunz 39.5. Clearly, the only decent 3 on the team were Lewan, Jones and Quessenberry. My guess is all three are back in some capacity. Saffold feels destined to be released. Radunz, Brewer and Davis will all need to improve if they expect to start for this team. In all likelihood, there will be at least 2 new starters next year, with pass protection guiding what we do next.

Free Agent OL

Guards

Brandon Scherff
Andrew Norwell
Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff
Austin Corbett
James Daniels
Connor Williams
Alex Cappa
Alex Lewis
Laken Tomlinson
Mark Glowinski

Tackles

Orlando Brown Jr.
Duane Brown
Nate Solder
Cam Robinson
Terron Armstead
Eric Fisher
Riley Reiff
Chriss Hubbard
Trenton Brown
Morgan Moses

This is a pretty good OL pool from which to draw, but money could be tight for the Titans and there is always stiff competition for good FA O-linemen. If we are looking to upgrade one Guard and one Tackle position as expected, a combination of draft and FA additions will likely be the best scenario. It should be noted that of the top 40 highest-graded guards and tackles in the league last year, only 15 out of the top 40 were taken in the 1st round. Meaning spending a 1st on OL isn’t a necessity for quality. Sidenote: QB and EDGE are the only positions where 1st round selections consistently do better than later choices.

Guard

Kenyon Green
Zion Johnson
Ed Ingram
Jamaree Salyer
G/T Luke Goedeke
Marquis Hayes
Chasen Hines
Justin Shaffer
Thayor Munford
Tyrese Robinson

Tackle

Evan Neal
Ikem Ekwonu
Charles Cross
Trevor Penning
Tyler Smith
Nick Petit-Frere
Daniel Faalele
Darian Kinnard
Rasheed Walker
Bernhard Raimann
Abraham Lucas
Max Mitchell

What we have here is a pretty terrible group of Guards and a deep group of Tackles, including several that could still be available in Round 3. If the Titans decide to forego selecting an offensive lineman in Round 1, they should still be able to find viable prospects in later rounds.

Re-signing Ben Jones is a no brainer, and I’m sure he’d love to end his career in Nashville. It’s clear that this is a better draft class for tackle than guard and guards are much cheaper in FA. Radunz clearly looked more comfortable at Tackle, and should be part of the competition for a Tackle spot in camp. If Saffold is released as expected, that really only leaves Davis and Brewer in the Guard mix. That can’t happen. Bringing in Guard competition via FA makes too much sense. Norwell and Sherff are the best pass blockers but are already 30. Corbett and Cappa are both younger but still very solid. I’d probably go all in for Cappa who should be pricey ($10 mil/yr.), but would be a stalwart at the Guard position for 4-5 years. I’d then draft a Tackle in the 3rd round to compete with Radunz and Quesenberry (who I would re-sign for cheap). Thoughts?
That’s a lot of words

Ben Jones is really the only guy on the line I even trust and should bring back. Davis is fine since he’s a guard… - Lewan and Saffold both have zero consistency anymore. Neither can be counted on a full-season. Lewan doesn’t seem to have that same intensity he once had when he was younger.

Quess I liked since he’s from my neck of the woods San Jose but pretty sure I heard he fell apart in 2nd half after being serviceable prior and gave up the most or second most sacks in the league last year. Meh to the entire line. Good luck Tanny.

Quesenberry is not good. He gave up the most sacks this year. He was clearly a liability. Saffold will be gone. Cost way too much. Lewan will probably be restructured or extended. He had a decent year considering he was coming off an acl. Should be much better next year. Radunz slides into the right tackle spot. Jones should and probably will get resigned leaving only left guard and depth needed.

Quesenberry is not good. He gave up the most sacks this year. He was clearly a liability. Saffold will be gone. Cost way too much. Lewan will probably be restructured or extended. He had a decent year considering he was coming off an acl. Should be much better next year. Radunz slides into the right tackle spot. Jones should and probably will get resigned leaving only left guard and depth needed.

Hope this is the case. Jones has to be a priority. Saffold though, I remember making big plays on run downs but didnt realise he was that bad on pass plays. He is pricey this year though. Lewan should stay, Hard to find a reasonably good LT these days. Davis needs to step up. No excuses now, gotta start getting them blocks and not missing his man. Seems like our front 5 always got lost on drop back blitzes this year and doubled somebody leaving someone else wide open,

Let’s talk about Offensive Linemen

OL on the roster for 2022

Taylor Lewan
Rodger Saffold
Kendall Lamm
Nate Davis
Dillon Radunz
Corey Levin
Daniel Munyer
Aaron Brewer
Jordan Roos
Derwin Gray
Brandon Kemp
Christian Delauro

Free Agents

Ben Jones
David Quessenberry
Avery Gennesy

Free Agent OL

Guards

Brandon Scherff
Andrew Norwell
Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff
Austin Corbett
James Daniels
Connor Williams
Alex Cappa
Alex Lewis
Laken Tomlinson
Mark Glowinski

Tackles

Orlando Brown Jr.
Duane Brown
Nate Solder
Cam Robinson
Terron Armstead
Eric Fisher
Riley Reiff
Chriss Hubbard
Trenton Brown
Morgan Moses

Guard

Kenyon Green
Zion Johnson
Ed Ingram
Jamaree Salyer
G/T Luke Goedeke
Marquis Hayes
Chasen Hines
Justin Shaffer
Thayor Munford
Tyrese Robinson

Tackle

Evan Neal
Ikem Ekwonu
Charles Cross
Trevor Penning
Tyler Smith
Nick Petit-Frere
Daniel Faalele
Darian Kinnard
Rasheed Walker
Bernhard Raimann
Abraham Lucas
Max Mitchell

Kenyon Green, Zion Johnson and Tyler Linderbaum are real possibilities for our first round pick. All 3 would be good guards with Linderbaum and Johnson having the ability to play center.

I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing Saffold, Lewan, Jones, and Davis back although that’s a lot of cap, specifically saffold and Lewan. That would also alleviate the need to draft OL almost entirely with Radunz and brewer still around.

Some of those names on the roster already, have no idea who they are or if there is any chance to expect possible time as starter.

Grab a depth guy or 2, maybe make a push for another RT.

Don’t want to see a LT, LG, C, and RT all on the “needs” going into FA and draft.

can also let go of some training staff. I am sure at least 2 were full time on portaging saffold off the field every other play

Davis and Brewer seem like locks to return if no other reason than they are cheap depth and give some continuity to the line.

Lewan seems likely to return as well. I doubt we will want to have a ton of turnover on the OL and Lewan is as solid as they come, even if he can be a bit inconsistent.

Saffold is gone. End of story.

I really hope we bring Jones back. Best OL on the team the last 2 seasons.

Quesseberry strikes me as someone that will get paid a lot more than he's probably worth. He was one of the best run blockers in the league, but he really struggled in pass protection, giving up 11 sacks on the years. My guess is Radunz takes over his spot and we find a swing tackle to split time with Radunz.

We seem fairly likely to draft an OL or two. Guard is obviously easier to play immediately, so I would expect we'll draft a G in the mid rounds who has a ton of experience. Cade Mays and Sean Rhyan are among my favorites here.

In FA, bringing back Dennis Kelly to pair with Radunz at RT seems like a solid plan. He should be fairly cheap and already is familiar with the offense and the players. Laken Tomlinson and Connor Williams are my top targets at G. Williams will probably be expensive though, given his age.

Davis and Brewer seem like locks to return if no other reason than they are cheap depth and give some continuity to the line.

Lewan seems likely to return as well. I doubt we will want to have a ton of turnover on the OL and Lewan is as solid as they come, even if he can be a bit inconsistent.

Saffold is gone. End of story.

I really hope we bring Jones back. Best OL on the team the last 2 seasons.

Quesseberry strikes me as someone that will get paid a lot more than he's probably worth. He was one of the best run blockers in the league, but he really struggled in pass protection, giving up 11 sacks on the years. My guess is Radunz takes over his spot and we find a swing tackle to split time with Radunz.

We seem fairly likely to draft an OL or two. Guard is obviously easier to play immediately, so I would expect we'll draft a G in the mid rounds who has a ton of experience. Cade Mays and Sean Rhyan are among my favorites here.

In FA, bringing back Dennis Kelly to pair with Radunz at RT seems like a solid plan. He should be fairly cheap and already is familiar with the offense and the players. Laken Tomlinson and Connor Williams are my top targets at G. Williams will probably be expensive though, given his age.
Quessenberry only got paid $850,000 last year which was by far the most he’s ever earned in a season. He’s almost 32 and won’t be paid more than vet minimum backup money anywhere else. Vrabes seems to like him since they were together in Houston before Tennessee. My guess is he’s brought back to be Tackle depth/ competition yet again, only this time someone beats him out in camp. Solid backup for sure.

He looked good vs San Fran. I know it's only 1 game, and you can't exactly project a perennial pro-bowler type of career based on that. But I think he played well enough that you have to give him a chance to prove that he isn't a starter.

Certainly, the coaches know more than I do. But considering they let Quessenberry give up 11 sacks without replacing him, I do have to question their judgement.

He looked good vs San Fran. I know it's only 1 game, and you can't exactly project a perennial pro-bowler type of career based on that. But I think he played well enough that you have to give him a chance to prove that he isn't a starter.

Certainly, the coaches know more than I do. But considering they let Quessenberry give up 11 sacks without replacing him, I do have to question their judgement.
Might be misremembering, but didn’t Radunz play G that game? There were tons of in-game injuries that got subs, thought he played for Saffold.

Saffold & Lamm both cut. I hope we resign Ben Jones!

I feel like Saffold would have been restructured if they were going to let Jones walk. I really want him back as well, he's a rock in the center of the OL and has played every game since signing I believe. Should be able to get him at a reasonable price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back