Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
**Pure Speculation Warning**

I don't have enough info at this point to even call this a solid rumor but there has been a lot of activity out at Baptist Sports Park this morning. There may be an announcement mid-afternoon on a signing.

David Thornton, LB from the colts, will be in town either tonight or tomorrow meeting with reese and fish.

that would be a terrific signing and we wouldnt have to break the bank for him either...

He'll get big $$ or he'll go visit some other team...I was looking forward to this FA period, but it looks like we are going to pinch pennys and get a few role player type scrubs....big deal!

royhobbs said:
He'll get big $$ or he'll go visit some other team...I was looking forward to this FA period, but it looks like we are going to pinch pennys and get a few role player type scrubs....big deal!

who do you want?

who do you think will honestly come to us?

we won't sign the big name free agents, possibly one, if you thought we were going to splurge, just so we can be back in cap hell in a few years, you're sorely mistaken.

It's not as if the money just dissapears. The idea is to get the best value. It's generally better to get a good player at fair value than a great player overpriced.

Why won't anyone come to us? Our money is green, just like everyone else's (not to mention there is no State Income Tax in TN, a big plus vs NY and MA for example)....I'd rather have two studs then four role players....we have 25 draft picks from the last two years that are all pretty much role players. On the other hand, we have no stars....maybe Bulluck and still McNair...maybe. How the heck can they expect to sell tickets, T-shirts, etc. and get the fans interested again after two crap years signing a few middle of the road free agents? They'll spin it into Thornton is the next Junior Seau or that the Patriots won the Super Bowl without any stars, or they've been burned before by the few big name free agents they've signed. I don't buy it. If we sign a couple of big names and raise expectations for next year...what happens if we fall flat on our face again....Fisher or Reese gets booted. It's in their (Reese's anyway) best interest to keep the expectations low so a 6-10 year looks like an improvement instead of another lost season.

I agree. Has nothing to do with players not wanting to come here. Big FAs (hell, middle of the pack FAs) sign to crappy teams all the time.

If it makes dollars, it makes sense for these guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back