Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Levis, who ever is playing RG, OLBs, depth at most positions. And the ST coach.
Depth I can agree, but I’d argue that is not a “rebuild”.
OLB just got a big contract for Landry, then added Murray as almost the first FA signed. Arden key?

Levis is a huge piece to this for sure. Reality is, he was the first piece drafted for “rebuild” even if it wasn’t Callahan’s guy.

And ST coach is brand new. Possibly a bad hire, but clearly was hired as part of the “rebuild”.

So of what you listed, Ran/BC are already to blame, they can’t be chalked up to “rebuilding”. Except RG and arguably depth.

Depth I can agree, but I’d argue that is not a “rebuild”.
OLB just got a big contract for Landry, then added Murray as almost the first FA signed. Arden key?

Levis is a huge piece to this for sure. Reality is, he was the first piece drafted for “rebuild” even if it wasn’t Callahan’s guy.

And ST coach is brand new. Possibly a bad hire, but clearly was hired as part of the “rebuild”.

So of what you listed, Ran/BC are already to blame, they can’t be chalked up to “rebuilding”. Except RG and arguably depth.
I guess no one ever actually “rebuilds” then? We are in the middle of a rebuild, whether we like it or not. Gonna be several new faces next year replacing guys starting this year. Just because we signed some guys doesn’t mean they were the real solution.

Anyway, if we aren’t in a “rebuild” then we have no hope at all. I’d rather believe it will get better.

I guess no one ever actually “rebuilds” then? We are in the middle of a rebuild, whether we like it or not. Gonna be several new faces next year replacing guys starting this year. Just because we signed some guys doesn’t mean they were the real solution.

Anyway, if we aren’t in a “rebuild” then we have no hope at all. I’d rather believe it will get better.
I think the mentality of rebuilds needing multiple years is false today. 10-15 years ago, probably necessary but there are examples of many teams that show big improvement after 1 year.

With the money spent all around the roster, titans made the moves to give every opportunity to their QB. The offense, outside RG/RT, maybe TE can be considered in a “rebuild” mode.

on the Defensive side of the ball, there were a few holes, ran addressed them. Maybe ILB (which Jones has done fine as a late trade) and maybe Safeties weren’t addressed with top FA players/money. 2 top CB were signed. DL got a 2nd round pick, OLB got one of the first FA available.

So where is the rebuild is my point?
It’s not that no one does, but the Titans made so many changes and spent so much money/draft on this team, I don’t see how anyone can see this team as still rebuilding unless you can name the specific players that were not considered part of the future of the team.

If Levis fails, a new QB is needed, but this team pretty much has what all the fans here were clamoring as built and ready at least to see what Levis has to offer. It’s been said many times, that if he fails now, it’s on him, the team/weapons have been given to him.

But now I’m seeing comments that the team is still “rebuilding” without any specific areas that need rebuilt (minus Right OL).

You mentioned depth, which I do think is fair, that was mentioned before the season that there is not much depth pretty much anywhere. I haven’t seen many injuries to test that yet, so I’d argue depth hasn’t really been the issues to 0-3.

All this points to is the possibility of a failing rebuild in front of our eyes. Titans don’t need multiple seasons to rebuild, unless the pieces purchased for rebuild didn’t work.

I think the mentality of rebuilds needing multiple years is false today. 10-15 years ago, probably necessary but there are examples of many teams that show big improvement after 1 year.

With the money spent all around the roster, titans made the moves to give every opportunity to their QB. The offense, outside RG/RT, maybe TE can be considered in a “rebuild” mode.

on the Defensive side of the ball, there were a few holes, ran addressed them. Maybe ILB (which Jones has done fine as a late trade) and maybe Safeties weren’t addressed with top FA players/money. 2 top CB were signed. DL got a 2nd round pick, OLB got one of the first FA available.

So where is the rebuild is my point?
It’s not that no one does, but the Titans made so many changes and spent so much money/draft on this team, I don’t see how anyone can see this team as still rebuilding unless you can name the specific players that were not considered part of the future of the team.

If Levis fails, a new QB is needed, but this team pretty much has what all the fans here were clamoring as built and ready at least to see what Levis has to offer. It’s been said many times, that if he fails now, it’s on him, the team/weapons have been given to him.

But now I’m seeing comments that the team is still “rebuilding” without any specific areas that need rebuilt (minus Right OL).

You mentioned depth, which I do think is fair, that was mentioned before the season that there is not much depth pretty much anywhere. I haven’t seen many injuries to test that yet, so I’d argue depth hasn’t really been the issues to 0-3.

All this points to is the possibility of a failing rebuild in front of our eyes. Titans don’t need multiple seasons to rebuild, unless the pieces purchased for rebuild didn’t work.

It is not unrealistic to expect a Super Bowl in year 2,3 or 4 of a QB.

It's more than just a QB though. Warner had Vermeil... Brady had Belichick, Russell Wilson had Pete Carrol (Who won college natl championships too) Mahomes had Reid, etc etc. All of those guys had success early in their careers but had HOF coaches.

Here is a chart i saved a while back because I saw this and thought... Wow, if the Titans do not have near immediate success with a QB, it's totally fine to move on... from either the coach, or the QB, or both, IMO.

1727062978961.png

It’s amazing some of you guys are still talking about Burks when we have a QB that can’t hit wide open receivers. You forgot to mention Levis in the “same pathetic performance” category.
26 of 32 with 2 drops that I can recall... L8 was accurate enough today... especially considering he was being mauled

The D isn’t a bunch of rookies (except sweat). Their performance trended down today. Poor tackling, no turnovers and horrific pass and run D. You can relax if you want on that but a solid D is the start of a rebuild.

Most folks ok with Levis as long as he Improves which he did today. The pick 6 was bad but happens with your QBs. The strip sack wasn’t on him but on the right OL staffed by 3rd year 3rd round vet. And Burks has skillet hands still. Just keeping it real. They should be better and improving they’re not.
the lack of giving a shit on the tackles was just crazy... first guy whiffed like every damn time

What? I specifically said the Right side wasn’t addressed and that NPF needs replaced.

I understand people say this, but who needs replaced to continue/complete the rebuild?
We are in agreement on the right side of the OL, which Ran did not address.

but by saying we are still in rebuild and it takes another year, by virtue, there are players on the team now that need replaced. Who are they?
To me rebuild also means new scheme and culture. Takes time. Nothing is clear in 3 games.

It's more than just a QB though. Warner had Vermeil... Brady had Belichick, Russell Wilson had Pete Carrol (Who won college natl championships too) Mahomes had Reid, etc etc. All of those guys had success early in their careers but had HOF coaches.

Here is a chart i saved a while back because I saw this and thought... Wow, if the Titans do not have near immediate success with a QB, it's totally fine to move on... from either the coach, or the QB, or both, IMO.

View attachment 68
Mahomes also took over a playoff team, Brady did the same and quite frankly was not why NE won their first 3 SB, yet alone the first.

I agree you need more than a QB and I agree that expecting SB in 1 year is unrealistic. I even specified that improvements should be seen in year one, especially after the haul TN made.
Improvement doesn’t even mean playoffs necessarily, but week in, week out competitive, maybe a couple duds, and an overall increase in record shows signs.

I also agree that no team should be “stuck” with HC or QB, even after one year. BUT, a franchise can only do that once immediately or you just have a revolving door and would look like the Jaguars existence (success wise).

Unfortunately, Tom Brady did a number on that chart too. The fact he not only prevented 10 teams from representing their conference, he prevented 7 other SB teams a possible W. These are just unreal numbers that really threw a lot of “averages” since 2000, kind of out the window IF only considering SB victories. I think there are ways to measure teams were good enough to win, just didn’t. Good teams beat good teams including legit SB contenders.

^ If that statement is true, is rebuild mode an actual thing? (That's a real question, not a rhetorical one)
I think this is true. and it’s fair to try defining what exactly constitutes a rebuild and when rebuild is no longer applicable.

I believe today, teams can rebuild in 1 year at least to competitive, maybe not immediate SB contenders.

To me rebuild also means new scheme and culture. Takes time. Nothing is clear in 3 games.
I agree nothing is clear in 3 games. Today was a giant red flag of concern though.

While it sucks to lose in that fashion weeks 1/2, totally acceptable to lose close, competitive games after rebuilding. I’d argue that being competitive all year long, even if on the short end mostly, could still show signs of improvement.

If time is the case, which I can agree with, it’s not “rebuild” that’s the issue.

Only clear thing in just 3 games. Is that O-Line is dead last in pass protection and it's not looking like it'll improve.
The biggest issue with that is that Ski, Latham, and Cush should be considered “set” pieces.

That and the fact Biscuits was able to make lesser guys look like a competent OL regardless if he used the extra TE.

Latest posts

Back