Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Just about any game, there are series of things that go wrong. The Bears had the muffed punt, several balls thrown just out of reach and their offensive line was bullied. Their running game wasn’t working It seemed to most folks watching they didn’t have much chance
They saw a weakness in special teams and took advantage. The interception , a boneheaded play out of desperation and Levis misplaced competitiveness, was intercepted by a dude in the right place and right time

Anyway, I am bitter as I get older and seriously want that SB appearance. But I do believe with a little luck we might win a few games. If it can’t be this year, hopefully next

Win one for the Gipper

So many one footed falling backwards throws. Both interceptions and even the TD all off balance. Mechanically, it didn't look ok. As someone pointed out, this ain't college anymore. Gotta put some big boy pants on and go to work.

All I ask is that he doesn't cower like Mariota did when he threw to many interceptions. Be Bold and aggressive as you grow.

Just about any game, there are series of things that go wrong. The Bears had the muffed punt, several balls thrown just out of reach and their offensive line was bullied. Their running game wasn’t working It seemed to most folks watching they didn’t have much chance
They saw a weakness in special teams and took advantage. The interception , a boneheaded play out of desperation and Levis misplaced competitiveness, was intercepted by a dude in the right place and right time

Anyway, I am bitter as I get older and seriously want that SB appearance. But I do believe with a little luck we might win a few games. If it can’t be this year, hopefully next

Win one for the Gipper
Misplaced competitiveness? I would just say Levis stupid plays. He made a lot of bad throws, I just hope he learns from it and never does anything like that again.

I’ll try to focus on some positives as limited as those are.

Pollard ran well. He broke a couple good runs, broke some tackles along the way. I don’t think he was stuffed as often as Henry last year although still a few.

The D had good QB pressure. Not really any specific standouts but more of an overall defensive unit. The fact no single guy really dominated may be a testament to surprise D later in the season as no offense can necessarily single out another Jeff Simmons.

The coverage was pretty good all day. Even the open deep balls Williams missed, would have been a pretty good game. But under 100 yards, good day.

Stopped the run early, unfortunately did not when the D knew Chi was running late.

I think that’s about it.
I guess Chig caught the ball, highly contested, for a TD.
Burks didn’t go to the blue tent.

I’ll try to focus on some positives as limited as those are.

Pollard ran well. He broke a couple good runs, broke some tackles along the way. I don’t think he was stuffed as often as Henry last year although still a few.

The D had good QB pressure. Not really any specific standouts but more of an overall defensive unit. The fact no single guy really dominated may be a testament to surprise D later in the season as no offense can necessarily single out another Jeff Simmons.

The coverage was pretty good all day. Even the open deep balls Williams missed, would have been a pretty good game. But under 100 yards, good day.

Stopped the run early, unfortunately did not when the D knew Chi was running late.

I think that’s about it.
I guess Chig caught the ball, highly contested, for a TD.
Burks didn’t go to the blue tent.
There was a young linebacker that made a lot of plays I believe he was one of this year’s draft picks. Sweat looked good too. Defense looked great offense just let them down. I didn’t hear Burks name all day I was a little shocked they didn’t come out throwing the ball downfield.

I forgot to add, I saw a lot of improvement from the OL.

JC looked awesome on a few of those runs. Cushenberry is at a minimum not Brewer.
The right side still needs some work.

Most of the signed “stars” were quiet today. Pollard may have been the exception.
Hopkins- hurt I know, but nothing
Ridley- couple catches, I think 1 big 3rd down conversion
Boyd- silent until 4th qtr. basically nothing still
Burks- end around for like 6 yards. A dropped pass and no blue tent.
Chig- 1 big catch
Whyle- 1 big helmet
Spears- ??? Couple runs, a target or 2.

Just some of my thoughts:

Pollard was gashing them until half-time.

OL forgot how to block after half-time.

Same issues at WR as last year. No separation. Also, WTF was Ridley doing on that final 3rd down when he was supposed to block?

Defense was above average and Wilson had a good plan in place.

It was apparent that it's going to be hard for teams to beat Simmons and Sweat.

Overall, you could also tell that some of the guys on both sides of the ball haven't practiced or played ball in months.

post game radio was talking about all the firsts the Titans had today... like first team to be up 3 scores and lose to a team that had under 150 yards offense... crap like that... it is pathetically hilarious.... I mean gotta laugh
Leave it to us to find new record breaking astonishing ways to lose. I know it's just 1 game but the mayoman showed 0 improvement out there. He's already on thin ice for me

So many one footed falling backwards throws. Both interceptions and even the TD all off balance. Mechanically, it didn't look ok. As someone pointed out, this ain't college anymore. Gotta put some big boy pants on and go to work.

All I ask is that he doesn't cower like Mariota did when he threw to many interceptions. Be Bold and aggressive as you grow.
His mechanics look worse this year, seems like the coaches told him to work on it this off-season and made it worse.

Watching the game it was clear we just needed to be not completely incompetent on offense / ST in the second half to win that game but incredibly we still managed it. So generic of old Titans teams but sad to see it immediately happened again game 1 of the new regime.

Our second half drives went: punt block TD, punt, punt, strip sack lost fumble, pick 6, punt, pick... how unbelievably pathetic.

If we just punted on first down every play in second half we probably win the game too.

To give up the pick 6, blocked punt TD, 66 yard kick off return, strip sack immediately into field goal range basically spotted the Bears 20 points.

The D just gave up one FG drive and the 2 point conversion.

All the record stats doing the rounds on twitter are just straight up embarrassing. I saw the last time the bears had a pick 6 and blocked punt return TD in the same game was in 2012 or something against guess who.. the Titans.

Leave it to us to find new record breaking astonishing ways to lose. I know it's just 1 game but the mayoman showed 0 improvement out there. He's already on thin ice for me
Yeah you can’t deny that his decision making was terrible. His passion to win, physical strength and toughness are there, but that means nothing if he can’t be smarter. He can’t keep going broadside into tackles has to stop- not smart.

That meltdown by him and the OL depth are a legit concern. That loss was an embarrassment.

Absolutely hate games where the opponent didn't win because we did everything in our power to lose. Bears didn't win, we lost. This loss feels damn near like a playoff loss and reminiscent of the week 1 opener down in New Orleans last year. Had opportunity after opportunity to win and blew it, because the offense went stale 2 years in a row.

Yesterday I had the feeling this was going to get 33-6 type ugly for the Bears. Bears offense was completely out of sync, we jumped off to a fast start, and the Bears fans were booing and very annoyed with their team as they were getting so much praise during the offseason.

Speaking of Bears fans, I was at the game as I've made it a tradition to go to every Titans opener and they're some of the coolest and most welcoming fans I've been around. $80 got me all you can eat and drink, along with meeting and taking pictures with Jim Miller, Corey Wootton and Peanut Tillman. Might I add, some of the best BBQ I've ever had. Great experience pregame and during the first half. Awful experience second half and rest of the day. The loss feels 10 times worse when you're watching it in person on the road. Tried to leave a minute early but got caught in an absolute riptide as it felt like Solider Field has 1 exit. Just hearing them celebrate and party after the game ruined the whole experience.

What I saw yesterday was an offense that looked no different than what we saw last year. I know it's just the first game, but Levis doesn't look like a franchise QB, Ridley is the only player that can get open, OL still looks a mess, no creativity in getting the RB's out in space and non existence of a TE across the middle to help out Levis when the plays break down (which there were many yesterday). I'll chalk it up to it being week 1 and playing against a really solid defense on the road. Next week we'll get a better feel for the "new and improved" offense.

Cheers to hoping that the defense doesn't have to carry the team all season and that Levis nails his audition this year, because I'm tired of missing out on that long term, franchise QB.

Absolutely hate games where the opponent didn't win because we did everything in our power to lose. Bears didn't win, we lost. This loss feels damn near like a playoff loss and reminiscent of the week 1 opener down in New Orleans last year. Had opportunity after opportunity to win and blew it, because the offense went stale 2 years in a row.

Yesterday I had the feeling this was going to get 33-6 type ugly for the Bears. Bears offense was completely out of sync, we jumped off to a fast start, and the Bears fans were booing and very annoyed with their team as they were getting so much praise during the offseason.

Speaking of Bears fans, I was at the game as I've made it a tradition to go to every Titans opener and they're some of the coolest and most welcoming fans I've been around. $80 got me all you can eat and drink, along with meeting and taking pictures with Jim Miller, Corey Wootton and Peanut Tillman. Might I add, some of the best BBQ I've ever had. Great experience pregame and during the first half. Awful experience second half and rest of the day. The loss feels 10 times worse when you're watching it in person on the road. Tried to leave a minute early but got caught in an absolute riptide as it felt like Solider Field has 1 exit. Just hearing them celebrate and party after the game ruined the whole experience.

What I saw yesterday was an offense that looked no different than what we saw last year. I know it's just the first game, but Levis doesn't look like a franchise QB, Ridley is the only player that can get open, OL still looks a mess, no creativity in getting the RB's out in space and non existence of a TE across the middle to help out Levis when the plays break down (which there were many yesterday). I'll chalk it up to it being week 1 and playing against a really solid defense on the road. Next week we'll get a better feel for the "new and improved" offense.

Cheers to hoping that the defense doesn't have to carry the team all season and that Levis nails his audition this year, because I'm tired of missing out on that long term, franchise QB.
That's cool you went- sorry it wasn't a better experience. It was painful watching Levis implode in the 2nd half.

I love going to away games in iconic stadiums. Soldier field still on my list. Glad to hear the fans are decent. Some stadiums are ridiculous. Maybe Raiders home fanbase less retarded in Vegas- I'll have to see. So far my rank list of most obnoxious (mostly drunk) opposing fanbases:

1. Eagles
2. Raiders
3. Chiefs
4. Patriots
5. Texans
6. Saints
7. Steelers
8. Ravens
9. Jets
10. Cowboys

Latest posts

Back