Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if the objective of pre-season game is to evaluate players. You need to figure out which ones you want to keep or let go. You could do that with a scrimmage like we will have with Tamps but either way there needs to be some reasonable competition to make comparisons. Who should be our 2nd string QB? Do we pick a name out of a hat? Game conditions are impossible to replicate in practice.

Why can't you? Fields is making about what a vet backup QB would make (<$5 mil per year). As long as you know what you have before you pay the 5th year option you can sit them fairly cheap until they are ready.... Oh, and you get the 5th year which makes it even easier to sit a QB a year or two.

Very few backups make 5 mill a year. Most are under 2 mill a year I believe.

Why can't you? Fields is making about what a vet backup QB would make (<$5 mil per year). As long as you know what you have before you pay the 5th year option you can sit them fairly cheap until they are ready.... Oh, and you get the 5th year which makes it even easier to sit a QB a year or two.

Never said you can't. I'm simply saying that if you take a player at #4 overall, the expectation in today's in NFL is that they start. The days of sitting QBs is over.

Not if the objective of pre-season game is to evaluate players. You need to figure out which ones you want to keep or let go. You could do that with a scrimmage like we will have with Tamps but either way there needs to be some reasonable competition to make comparisons. Who should be our 2nd string QB? Do we pick a name out of a hat? Game conditions are impossible to replicate in practice.
all those things are what practice is for... otherwise no reason for practice at all

Pre-Season is just a money grab...evaluating players, which is important, could be done in scrimmages like vs Tampa Bay.

Practices don't give enough imo

Very few backups make 5 mill a year. Most are under 2 mill a year I believe.
Yeah, there are a few that make around $5M+, but most of those are in competition for a starting job or brought on to backup a QB on his rookie deal, i.e. Bridgewater, Newton, Taylor, Winston, Brissett, Keenum, and Foles.

Bridgewater is making the most at $11M, but they're paying peanuts for Lock so it doesn't really matter.

The point is that most entrenched starters have a backup that only costs ~$1-2M.

Missed the game but caught the recap on YouTube. Saw Weaver beating his man a few times. Looked like the blocking held up well and we were able to establish to the run pretty easy. Most importantly, kicking game was perfect.

Anyone care to fill in what I missed? Anyone really standout on offense or defense?
One other note is that Kinsey led the team in receptions and looked wily out there. I think he had at least 3 reception that were 10+ yards and 1st downs. Contested catches too.

What? It's the complete opposite of a money grab. They'd make a helluva lot more money if the games counted.
agreed... but, until last 2 years, the money grab was from season ticket holders & TV rights.

at least now the Titans use variable ticket pricing. Even so they overcharge for exhibition games. they are not worth the non existent cost to print the non existent tickets cause titans dont actually print & mail tickets anymore

falcons use variable ticket pricing also... I will be kind and say the games crowd was 'sparse' ... according to ticketmaster ( sent me an email promoting game) I could have walked into that game for $6 - LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back