Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the video game forum was gone.

The public group thing is not a bad idea, but the problem is that there's a good chance that it won't be found by new members joining the forum, and the sudden change might even go unnoticed among current members.

Toly said:
I thought the video game forum was gone.

The public group thing is not a bad idea, but the problem is that there's a good chance that it won't be found by new members joining the forum, and the sudden change might even go unnoticed among current members.

I still don't see a need for it to be a separate "private" forum
I got the lowdown from TJ, even if I don't quite undersdtand it

it's going to make it harder for people to participate in the thread (which I'd like to see more people involved in it beside just me and Gunny butting heads)

I will try and look for new requests every chance I get
I'm glad Jeff waited until yesterday, because I've been working 12-16 hour days on Award shows for the past 2 weeks (GMA/Dove - CMT Video/ Flameworthy)

so be patient if it takes me a moment to aquire memberships for you

Once we get this going, I will post an announcement thread on it to let all know what we have. The only advantage I see to it is that those who want to view new posts won't have to now weed through topics unrelated to the Titans and NFL.

If vB was smart, they'd have a way for each member to click buttons next to the forums they want to view/post and there would be no need for public groups.

If the people are not members of a group can they still see the sub-forum?

For example, a new user joins up he can see the Video Game sub-forum, but when he clicks on it, it says something like "Access only to members. To join, goto user CP etc etc." or something like that?

If they can see the sub-forum, they know it is there and can join if they want to.

that probably made no sense.

It made sense and they can't see it. But I found a gizmo tonight which will allow member to pick the forums they want to see when they hit the "new posts" button. Once installed and working, there is really no need to have a public group unless a group wanted privacy.

TitanJeff said:
It made sense and they can't see it. But I found a gizmo tonight which will allow member to pick the forums they want to see when they hit the "new posts" button. Once installed and working, there is really no need to have a public group unless a group wanted privacy.
that's why I wanted the group. They don't give public tours of the war room at the pentagon ya know! :winker:
Pentagon.jpg

Puck said:
of what ?
what do you think?:ha:

Maybe there should be a private group "forum" that displays each group and a mission statement. apply and wait until approval comes through... a new member will overlook the group membership buttons at first but a forum with a sticky and a bunch of loced group threads with request submission...

just ideas.

I like my PRIVATE group plus 4 curious mods just fine.

Puck and Gunny use the Photoshop "force" ...hahahaha

Puck said:
"Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"
Warroom.jpg
you get it...

Puck, the SR group can really use a photo shop expert or two (like you and Gunny) ... to help supply us with awesome smack picks...

ie...
attachment.php

see, we need some good photoshop "snipers" ...

silent, yet deadly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back