Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... I had look up how long Kern has been around... 15 years in the league and 13 with the Titans... It'll suck to see him go...but if they think the new guy is something special, you have to make the switch now.

Hate to see Kern go, but you have to keep Stonehouse around. That was a massive endorsement by Kern. If Kern can see the potential in Stonehouse then it's an absolute must that we keep Stonehouse.

Vrabel and Company need to just keep Kern around long enough to sabotage the Colts and Bills. There's no way a 3rd string QB or 5th WR or 6th DB will get in the way of keeping Kern around to not please the Colts or Bills. Play chess with those bastard teams.

Hate to lose either of these guys, but if one has to go, it must be old yeller style to prevent getting burned by the one we didn’t keep.

"I've been in the league a long time and I've seen only 3 or 4 people that hit a ball like he does"

If that's not a massive endorsement, I don't know what is.

Wow... I had look up how long Kern has been around... 15 years in the league and 13 with the Titans... It'll suck to see him go...but if they think the new guy is something special, you have to make the switch now.
I agree... I just doubt the Titans have the stones to pull the trigger.

fishface would not

Kern would be on someones roster first punt that gets shanked

I agree... I just doubt the Titans have the stones to pull the trigger.

fishface would not

Kern would be on someones roster first punt that gets shanked

Eh, idk on this one. They have to know Kern is almost near the end. With Kern saying he's only seen a couple of guys kick like Stoner, that's saying a lot.

Do you let that get away and hope Kern last a few more years or do you have your punter for the next 15 years?

Either one gets snatched up as soon as they hit the market...which one will the Titans regret letting go of...

What I want to see happen is that the Titans actually sucker the Colts or Bills into giving up a late rnd pick for Kern…then after the trade is complete Kern informs the team that he is retiring after week 1

With all of the bad luck we've had in the draft and free agency with almost every other position, the Titans have been extremely fortunate to have been set at punter with Hentrich and Kern.

It's crazy to think that Kern is still on the team and has played for every Titans coach, and was a teammate of Keith Bullock's. I also think he holds the Titans record for most games played by a single player.

I love everything he's given us over the years and he's a class act. I almost wish he'd just retire so we don't have to see him in another uniform.

I don't get the Stonehouse hype that much. Yea he can bomb it, but does it really matter if most end up as touchbacks? His college average was 47.8. Kern's average over the same time was 46.9. How often do you guys think we're going to punt from inside our own 30?

Kern single handley won us a handful of games, including the Colts last year, by pinning teams inside the 5 and forcing them to make a mistake. That game may have a different outcome if that's a touchback. Stafford last year and Brady in the playoffs also come to mind.

On the other hand, in 3 preseasons games/part-time, the rook already dropped a snap and pouched a kick. What's gonna happen in the pressure of a real game? Do you guys remember the other scrub punters that lost us games the last two years?

Maybe this is also a cost cutting thing, but I bet Kern would have been open to a restructure. He knows he's not getting $2M from anyone else. Hopefully Stonehouse continues the legacy of secure punters for the Titans, but I'm a little worried.

I don't get the Stonehouse hype that much. Yea he can bomb it, but does it really matter if most end up as touchbacks? His college average was 47.8. Kern's average over the same time was 46.9. How often do you guys think we're going to punt from inside our own 30?

Kern single handley won us a handful of games, including the Colts last year, by pinning teams inside the 5 and forcing them to make a mistake. That game may have a different outcome if that's a touchback. Stafford last year and Brady in the playoffs also come to mind.

On the other hand, in 3 preseasons games/part-time, the rook already dropped a snap and pouched a kick. What's gonna happen in the pressure of a real game? Do you guys remember the other scrub punters that lost us games the last two years?

Maybe this is also a cost cutting thing, but I bet Kern would have been open to a restructure. He knows he's not getting $2M from anyone else. Hopefully Stonehouse continues the legacy of secure punters for the Titans, but I'm a little worried.

Those games with the replacement punters were fuccin brutal. We have had great punters and kickers here for a very long time. Last couple years kicking has been tough, but i think bullock has actually hit a few 50 yarders in the pre-season so maybe we trust him going forward idk

Those games with the replacement punters were fuccin brutal. We have had great punters and kickers here for a very long time. Last couple years kicking has been tough, but i think bullock has actually hit a few 50 yarders in the pre-season so maybe we trust him going forward idk
That's my fear. Yea, the kid has potential but we had a sure thing with Kern. Would hate for P to become a roulette headache like we have (had?) with K.

I would have kept Kern and released Woodside...use both Kern and Stonehouse to their strengths...even Kern admitted Stonehouse was better at some things...No doubt someone will pick Kern up but not Woodside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back