Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the Stonehouse hype that much. Yea he can bomb it, but does it really matter if most end up as touchbacks? His college average was 47.8. Kern's average over the same time was 46.9. How often do you guys think we're going to punt from inside our own 30?

Kern single handley won us a handful of games, including the Colts last year, by pinning teams inside the 5 and forcing them to make a mistake. That game may have a different outcome if that's a touchback. Stafford last year and Brady in the playoffs also come to mind.

On the other hand, in 3 preseasons games/part-time, the rook already dropped a snap and pouched a kick. What's gonna happen in the pressure of a real game? Do you guys remember the other scrub punters that lost us games the last two years?

Maybe this is also a cost cutting thing, but I bet Kern would have been open to a restructure. He knows he's not getting $2M from anyone else. Hopefully Stonehouse continues the legacy of secure punters for the Titans, but I'm a little worried.
This argument doesn't hold up. Stonehouse doesn't quite have the skill that Kern does as far as downing punts inside the 20, but Kern fans act like every one of his kicks is a touchback. You weren't watching the game Saturday if that's what you think. Stonehouse had 3 punts inside the 20 against the Cardinals, and one around the 5. He also absolutely booms the ball and had an 81 yard punt earlier in the preseason. Kern does not have that kind of leg and said himself, he's only seen 3 or 4 other guys in his life that can punt the ball like Stonehouse can.

This argument doesn't hold up. Stonehouse doesn't quite have the skill that Kern does as far as downing punts inside the 20, but Kern fans act like every one of his kicks is a touchback. You weren't watching the game Saturday if that's what you think. Stonehouse had 3 punts inside the 20 against the Cardinals, and one around the 5. He also absolutely booms the ball and had an 81 yard punt earlier in the preseason. Kern does not have that kind of leg and said himself, he's only seen 3 or 4 other guys in his life that can punt the ball like Stonehouse can.

Titans had too many players from Toledo. I think they were tied with LSU for most players on the Titans roster. That's not sustainable.

Jesus dude. Forget to take your meds today?
tumblr_naeo2gPi291spm17no1_500.gif

He's a punter, who cares
Not gonna lie, I’ve been a huge fan of Kern for a long time.
I think he did little things to show he was a good teammate, I truly believe he was part of the Nashville community, and most important, he’s one of the best punters in LEAGUE history, not just titans/oilers.
For a couple seasons, he was literally the only weapon the team had.

Not gonna lie, I’ve been a huge fan of Kern for a long time.
I think he did little things to show he was a good teammate, I truly believe he was part of the Nashville community, and most important, he’s one of the best punters in LEAGUE history, not just titans/oilers.
For a couple seasons, he was literally the only weapon the team had.

Craig Hentrich and Greg Montgomery were better

So was Reggie Roby for that matter

giphy.gif

I don't get the Stonehouse hype that much. Yea he can bomb it, but does it really matter if most end up as touchbacks? His college average was 47.8. Kern's average over the same time was 46.9. How often do you guys think we're going to punt from inside our own 30?

Kern single handley won us a handful of games, including the Colts last year, by pinning teams inside the 5 and forcing them to make a mistake. That game may have a different outcome if that's a touchback. Stafford last year and Brady in the playoffs also come to mind.

On the other hand, in 3 preseasons games/part-time, the rook already dropped a snap and pouched a kick. What's gonna happen in the pressure of a real game? Do you guys remember the other scrub punters that lost us games the last two years?

Maybe this is also a cost cutting thing, but I bet Kern would have been open to a restructure. He knows he's not getting $2M from anyone else. Hopefully Stonehouse continues the legacy of secure punters for the Titans, but I'm a little worried.
what really counts is how Stonehouse punted during closed practices against the buccaneers... THAT is what is important not what happens during games

Those games with the replacement punters were fuccin brutal. We have had great punters and kickers here for a very long time. Last couple years kicking has been tough, but i think bullock has actually hit a few 50 yarders in the pre-season so maybe we trust him going forward idk
while weather is warm... vrable got one of the saddest punts of alltime in POs couple of years ago cause Titan kickers could not be trusted to tee up from +50 yards

while weather is warm... vrable got one of the saddest punts of alltime in POs couple of years ago cause Titan kickers could not be trusted to tee up from +50 yards

Love secret base.
The greatest QB run of all time, Steve Bono
That time KC kicked 7 FGs, and lost.
The whole Seattle Mariners and Atl Falcons stories are great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back