Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Radunz suffers from two things - 1. being played at G when he's an OT. 2. None of the fans really wanted him where he was picked and most didn't want an OT with that pick.

He has a LONG way to go before I would even consider putting him in a game. I would drop the experiment with him playing guard, like yesterday. I think he's the 4th best RT on the team after Lamm, Sambraillo, and Quessenberry. He will likely be inactive on game days IMO.

I'm not a fan of him or of JRob picking him at all but I hope he turns it around. At least with Nate Davis you could tell he was coming along and eventually going to be fine (he was also hampered with injuries his rookie year). I think Radunz has a lot further to go than Davis did coming in.

They played him at RT against Tampa. He got skulldrug.

Again, not as much frustration with him as much as it is with what we lost vs. what we got.

To his credit, he’s on the field and trying, which is way more than you could say about Isaiah Wilson. I hope he develops into the best tackle this team has seen. I’m just pessimistic because the reality is that we will likely have injuries this season, and need someone ready to go this season, and his development looks like it’s going to take a while.

When you read this about a RT prospect after drafting Wilson it's concerning

"I see him as a guard on the next level with some tackle ability to help out your roster. He needs to mature and develop better practice habits." -- Area scout for NFC team

Lamm and Sambrailo are both as good or better than Kelly. Radunz has had some bad moments but he hasn't been as bad as made out. Go watch the Film Room of the Atlanta game. His consistency is lacking mainly because of his lack of experience against this level of talent.

Lamm and Sambrailo are both as good or better than Kelly. Radunz has had some bad moments but he hasn't been as bad as made out. Go watch the Film Room of the Atlanta game. His consistency is lacking mainly because of his lack of experience against this level of talent.

That's what I noticed too. Hell mentioned it in the game thread. From what I saw was he had a tendency to pop too upright and try and bully back the defenders mainly with his arms. Both of those things are coachable.

When Radunz has one guy to focus on he isn't bad but with our zone scheme (having to reach and often sliding to the next level) and playing against line stunts and blitzes he can get a little lost. He just need reps. Same deal with Nate Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back