Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Middle Tennessee State product Keon Raymond is developing a good habit at Titans training camp. The undrafted free agent rookie corner is averaging one interception a day and is getting noticed. "He’s making nearly an interception a day, which is what you look for if you come in as an undrafted free agent," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "If you want to get someone’s attention, that’s what you need to do, and that’s what he’s done." In one-on-one drills in Tuesday afternoon’s practice, Raymond, a 5-9, 190-pounder took an interception away from fellow MTSU product Tyrone Calico in the end zone, despite giving away six inches in height. "You’ve got to make plays out here if you want to stay, and I really want to be on this team," Raymond said. "This is a dream come true to even be out here, and if they say you’ve got to make plays and be by the ball, that’s what I’m going to do."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Sounds to me like he makes the team if he keeps it up. Only drawback- doesn't sound like he is a special teams force. I agree he'll probably wind up on the practice squad.

Don't forget Cortland Finnegan. I think they'll use him at corner. I think Fuller may also get some work out there as well.

Reese will be all over the waiver wires after the cuts this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him bring in a couple CBs depending on how the preseason shakes out.

I just see hime making the practice squad. The guy is 5-9.... I know pac is only 5-10.... but if im a "T.O." sized player I'd take that match up anyday.

If Raymond can play well and makes a few picks in the pre-season it wouldn't surprise me to see him make the final roster. Exposing him to the PS means we might lose him to another team needing CB depth. This guy could be a real find.

Like most reserve linebackers, safeties and corners, the key to making the team will probably be how he does on special teams. Doesn't seem like they're far enough along in special teams work to judge people yet. Hope he makes it.

Everybody loves Raymond!

Everybody%20Loves%20Raymond-4.JPG

Da Architek said:
I just see hime making the practice squad. The guy is 5-9.... I know pac is only 5-10.... but if im a "T.O." sized player I'd take that match up anyday.
"If you want to get someone’s attention, that’s what you need to do, and that’s what he’s done." In one-on-one drills in Tuesday afternoon’s practice, Raymond, a 5-9, 190-pounder took an interception away from fellow MTSU product Tyrone Calico in the end zone, despite giving away six inches in height.

I think Fuller plays strickly nickle corner. It's also much more like that we can find a safety on the waiver wire than a CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back