Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Henry is great and my concern is that we are running him into the ground. We all know running backs don't last more than 10 years at their peak levels and I would love to continue to keep seeing Henry beast out for 10 years but his time is coming.

This team is nothing on offense when he's not eating defenses like he does. Honest question, when father time comes knocking what are we going to do? This is a run first offense but we have nothing if Henry goes down. I can't trust Tammy leading the way like those elite QBs do. So, how many more years do you think we have at playoffs?

Henry is great and my concern is that we are running him into the ground. We all know running backs don't last more than 10 years at their peak levels and I would love to continue to keep seeing Henry beast out for 10 years but his time is coming.

This team is nothing on offense when he's not eating defenses like he does. Honest question, when father time comes knocking what are we going to do? This is a run first offense but we have nothing if Henry goes down. I can't trust Tammy leading the way like those elite QBs do. So, how many more years do you think we have at playoffs?

Same thing we did when Earl, Eddie, CB, CJ2k, Murray, etc. were done.

We'll get another one.

We have to try and win every game but it would be nice to have some alternatives other than 3rd down backs.

Note that I started a thread on another forum saying we should have used our first rd pick(2020) on Jonathan Taylor who I believed was the best back in that draft.
Taylor is a top 10 back in this league.

A running back can go from best in the league to mediocre quick(See Leveon Bell). Henry has around the same carries Eddie George had after the 1999 season.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have to try and win every game but it would be nice to have some alternatives other than 3rd down backs.

Note that I started a thread on another forum saying we should have used our first rd pick(2020) on Jonathan Taylor who I believed was the best back in that draft.

A running back can go from best in the league to mediocre quick(See Leveon Bell). Henry has around the same carries Eddie George had after the 1999 season.
Jonathan Taylor would have been the perfect back to have as the future when Henry's time comes. Really good runner and pass catcher. McNichols is ok in spots with his pass catching and run after but as an early down back not so much. Maybe this off season we draft a good back or sign a good FA to backup Henry. Would also be a good idea to groom a young QB too. But I think a better OC is something Jrob needs to look at

I'd trade a late round pick for Marlon Mack but I doubt Colts deal him to us...once Darryton Evans vagina is healed maybe he can be the complement he was drafted to be.
McNichols has played well though

[QUOTE="Danimal, post: 1972129, member: 12827"Blocking was bad but Tanney is a vet and at least half of the sacks, he has to get rid of the football

[QUOTE="Danimal, post: 1972129, member: 12827"Blocking was bad but Tanney is a vet and at least half of the sacks, he has to get rid of the football
Yeah he was holding on to the ball too long on a few of those sacks yesterday, especially stupid on the one where he lost yards and took the team out of FG range

It wasnt like he didnt know he was being rushed and blitzed like mad, so a few of those sacks he should have known he didnt have time to hold on to the ball.

DH is tough, but he took some hard shots yesterday.

On a positive note about our future, the Titans have the BEST possible GM when it comes to rebuilding. There's not another GM in the entire league who is better at drafting project players for the future at the expense of today than Robinson.

;)

I saw a Tweet this weekend after the loss that said, "The Titans are a Derrick Henry injury away from being the Falcons." Dang, that hit hard.

Our window is already closing. We may have one more year after this year, but we don't have long. JRob need to stop wiffing on his early draft picks and stack this team for one more run.

On a positive note about our future, the Titans have the BEST possible GM when it comes to rebuilding. There's not another GM in the entire league who is better at drafting project players for the future at the expense of today than Robinson.

;)
Particularly adroit at OL personnel…..

I saw a Tweet this weekend after the loss that said, "The Titans are a Derrick Henry injury away from being the Falcons." Dang, that hit hard.

Our window is already closing. We may have one more year after this year, but we don't have long. JRob need to stop wiffing on his early draft picks and stack this team for one more run.
Other than Fulton, who is even playing from the last 2 drafts? Other teams have rookies starting our sit in sweat pants on the side lines!

;)
anyone check in on that wrassler Robinson signed this past offseason... welfare check or something???

This can be said about any teams best player though. We saw the Bucs without Brady. KC is a lot different without Mahomes. Buffalo without Allen. The list goes on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back