Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="Danimal, post: 1972129, member: 12827"Blocking was bad but Tanney is a vet and at least half of the sacks, he has to get rid of the football
Tannehill had the sixth fastest release on Sunday of all QBs in NFL, at around 2.4 seconds average so not much more he can do.

Tannehill had the sixth fastest release on Sunday of all QBs in NFL, at around 2.4 seconds average so not much more he can do.

Well if a QB doesn’t throw the ball it won’t be counted as a “release”, so that’s only on throws that he actually made. Doesn’t really negate the argument of him holding onto the ball too long on the sacks.

Tanny took a sack on a third down late and cost the Titans a FG attempt.

Some snaps he didn't have much time but he also needs to throw the ball into row 3 to avoid a sack sometimes.

Henry is great and my concern is that we are running him into the ground. We all know running backs don't last more than 10 years at their peak levels and I would love to continue to keep seeing Henry beast out for 10 years but his time is coming.

This team is nothing on offense when he's not eating defenses like he does. Honest question, when father time comes knocking what are we going to do? This is a run first offense but we have nothing if Henry goes down. I can't trust Tammy leading the way like those elite QBs do. So, how many more years do you think we have at playoffs?

Some snaps he didn't have much time but he also needs to throw the ball into row 3 to avoid a sack sometimes.

Tom Brady is the king of this. He always knows where he can spike a ball to avoid a sack.

Tannehill admitted there were a few times he should have released the ball sooner. On one hand he is trying to get a first down or TD and not settle for the FG and his focus on trying to make a play fails him. It might be the biggest flaw in his game as he doesn't pull off his early reads soon enough and dump the ball. The OC should always have a safety valve he can go to or throw at his feet when needed (which is another problem). He had a TE one time who had pass protected early and slipped off who could have not just prevented a sack but made some yardage. Using TEs to chip to slow the rush and then slide to an open area as a safety valve makes sense.

Well if a QB doesn’t throw the ball it won’t be counted as a “release”, so that’s only on throws that he actually made. Doesn’t really negate the argument of him holding onto the ball too long on the sacks.
I get what you're saying, but theres still something in this. If when he does get it away, he is 6th fastest in the league, then this implies that when he gets sacked, its because the opposition defense get to him before his average release time.

Regardless, the eye test has told me our sacks are about an 80/20 responsibility between the line and Tannehill.

I get what you're saying, but theres still something in this. If when he does get it away, he is 6th fastest in the league, then this implies that when he gets sacked, its because the opposition defense get to him before his average release time.

Regardless, the eye test has told me our sacks are about an 80/20 responsibility between the line and Tannehill.

Yeah get that. I think people assume I am trying to disassociate blame to the OL when saying this. I most certainly am not they have been bad and need to play much better.

However the eye test has told me Tannehill has not been the same efficient QB we have gotten the last 2 years. And there’s definitely been some missed reads on his behalf too.

I’ve got hope it’ll all get cleaned up but there’s plenty of blame to go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back