Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
If they are having a fire sale and he's available, we should be all over this...can't believe we didn't make a move for yannick. Our pass rush sucks...but with panda still not being fully ready we really should do our best to get Riley Reiff whom some in Minnesota have labeled a very solid LT

Reiff would be nice, but titans have lewan long-term, kelly just signed a three year extension, and just invested a 1st on Wilson. No way they give up more draft capital and cap space for another tackle.

Reiff would be nice, but titans have lewan long-term, kelly just signed a three year extension, and just invested a 1st on Wilson. No way they give up more draft capital and cap space for another tackle.
His current contract goes through 2021. Could take him for a year and either ship him out next year, or possibly cut him as his dead cap hit would be just $2.2M next year, which could be reduced depending on what kind of deal we can make with Minn.

His current contract goes through 2021. Could take him for a year and either ship him out next year, or possibly cut him as his dead cap hit would be just $2.2M next year, which could be reduced depending on what kind of deal we can make with Minn.
Interesting, but what would you be willing to give up? I wouldn't want to give up anything higher than a 5th and I doubt Minnesota would accept that. Maybe swap a 4th and a 5th?

JRob is probably waiting to see how the line does this weekend, but he definitely seems like an upgrade over Sambrillo if he doesn’t break the bank

You can’t just plug and play an O lineman midway through the season. TY has played enough already to have chemistry with the rest of the line. He’ll be fine. We’re not trading for a tackle.

You can’t just plug and play an O lineman midway through the season. TY has played enough already to have chemistry with the rest of the line. He’ll be fine. We’re not trading for a tackle.
I'd argue you can to a point. Obviously chemistry is important, but so is talent. Reiff is pretty darn talented, and the point of the OL is to block the guy in front of you.

You need good communication too, but a vet like him is going to know a lot of the verbiage and communication already.

It's like someone from the UK talking to an American. We speak the same language, but there's some slang and other context that would have to be learned to get the full context. So you can still understand each other and be effective in your communication, but a few things might take a minute to get.

Interesting, but what would you be willing to give up? I wouldn't want to give up anything higher than a 5th and I doubt Minnesota would accept that. Maybe swap a 4th and a 5th?
Corey Davis?

That's a lot, but it depends on how much we value that tackle spot. We have a lot of other good receivers right now.

If they are having a fire sale and he's available, we should be all over this...can't believe we didn't make a move for yannick. Our pass rush sucks...but with panda still not being fully ready we really should do our best to get Riley Reiff whom some in Minnesota have labeled a very solid LT

Why would we have traded for Yannick? Another rental pass rusher? No thanks. If we make a trade it’s need to be for a guy who will actually start, or at least play starter snaps.

Why would we have traded for Yannick? Another rental pass rusher? No thanks. If we make a trade it’s need to be for a guy who will actually start, or at least play starter snaps.
He wouldn't be a starter with us? Oh wait maybe Beasley would beat him out?
I assume Ravens will sign him long term

Corey Davis?

That's a lot, but it depends on how much we value that tackle spot. We have a lot of other good receivers right now.
Woof. Interesting. This might get a lot of hate but I guess it makes sense for us. Tanny and this offense have been rolling regardless of who's been in or out at WR. I personally don't like it, and I'm stubbornly hopeful Davis resigns, but that's probably a pipe dream.

However, I don't know if the Vikings need the WR help and they won't want to pay what CD will probably earn after the season. I'd hate to see it, but CD might end up a Jet, or Football Teamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back