Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my biggest draft crushes this year, and who would be a perfect day 2 pick for us is Nathaniel "Tank" Dell, WR, Houston. This guy is an incredible route runner and super quick. He could help us in the return game as well. He plays much faster than his 4.49 40 time as well.

Would love it if Ran picks him in the 3rd.

Dell is just so small. I feel like he and Kyle Phillips are redundant.

I'm actually going the other direction. My 2 favorite mid round guys are Tillman and Boutte. Boutte especially seems like AJ 2.0. Elite acceleration, very twitchy in his routes, and very dangerous with the ball in his hands.

Tillman reminds me a lot of Tee Higgins or Michael Thomas.

I'm actually going the other direction. My 2 favorite mid round guys are Tillman and Boutte. Boutte especially seems like AJ 2.0. Elite acceleration, very twitchy in his routes, and very dangerous with the ball in his hands.

Phillips hasn’t had his moment yet. He’s very shifty, has shown good hands, and is perfectly sized to disappear. I haven’t written him off yet. Of course, he may not prove to be good, but I think he’s a sneaky guy. I want to see more first before I write him off.

As a UT fan I'm with you on Tillman, but Boutte is on my do not draft list. He looked to me like he was lazy and lacking effort this year and had a lot of drops.

If you're looking for someone in the AJ mold, I think someone from AJ's alma mater reminds me of him, Jonathan Mingo. He's not the athlete or player AJ is, but his body type and play strength remind me of AJ. Check him out if you haven't already.

As a UT fan I'm with you on Tillman, but Boutte is on my do not draft list. He looked to me like he was lazy and lacking effort this year and had a lot of drops.

If you're looking for someone in the AJ mold, I think someone from AJ's alma mater reminds me of him, Jonathan Mingo. He's not the athlete or player AJ is, but his body type and play strength remind me of AJ. Check him out if you haven't already.

Eh, I'm not a big fan of Mingo. The production just isn't there in college. He's flashed potential but he's also been at Ole Miss for 4 years, the last 3 of which with pass happy Kiffin. In a deep WR class, he just doesn't do it for me. Plenty of other guys with similar size and skill set and who have the college production to back it up.

What I like about Boutte is the elite athleticism. His performance against UGA and their stable of NFL caliber DBs is a reminder of just how good he can be. There is indeed some character concerns, but they don't seem to be major. IMO, you won't find a mid round WR with more potential than Boutte in this year's class.

My dream scenario is that we add a Day 2 pick or two by trading down and pick these three receivers:
Jalin Hyatt: Tall field stretching deep threat
Tyler Scott: Ultra shifty playmaker
Jonathan Mingo: Physical YAC god

Adding all three would make our WR room incredible.

My dream scenario is that we add a Day 2 pick or two by trading down and pick these three receivers:
Jalin Hyatt: Tall field stretching deep threat
Tyler Scott: Ultra shifty playmaker
Jonathan Mingo: Physical YAC god

Adding all three would make our WR room incredible.

That Mingo looks like a poor man's AJ Brown. I'd be happy with that second day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back