Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: WRs Brandon Jones, Courtney Roby and Roydell Williams are often mentioned together because they were all part of the Titans 2005 draft class. Together with TE Bo Scaife, they were the first group of four rookies to post 20 receptions each since the 1968 Bills. Entering their second seasons, each are building on their experiences from last season and feel more comfortable in the system. "Seeing Courtney Roby and Roydell Williams out practicing, I can see a big difference in them as far as from last season and where they left off," WR Coach Ray Sherman said. "They’ve elevated their game a little bit because we need them too. They’re playing very well right now. Hopefully we’re going to get Brandon back here pretty soon. He’s really ahead of schedule as far as in workouts, so I’m really happy with all three of them."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

All of these guys will be much better this year and will surprise some teams. It's interesting we have heard nothing about them them so far except this article and they may just be trying to keep the progress quiet. They played great last year for rookies when healthy and I hope they make that big jump between year 1 and year 2.

I'm sorry to drag this back in here but the 1968 Bills are fascinating.
Rookie "Mini" Max Anderson led the Bills in rushing with 525 yards and 2 TDs. He also led the AFL in kick returns, kick return yardage, and KR average. He also managed to return one for a score. Another rookie, WR Haven Moses, led the squad in receptions with 42 and yards, 633. Darraugh led the 5 starting QBs in passing, without eclipsing 1000 for the season. It was the only time in Buffalo Bills history that rookies would lead the team in passing, receiving, and rushing all in the same season.

Late in the year, Rutkowski was battling the 10-2 Oakland Raiders. With the West leading Raiders holding on to a slim 13-10 lead, Rutkowski had driven down to the Raider Goal line with time running out. With nothing to lose, the Bills chose to go for the win instead of a game tying FG. As the clock wound down in the game, the Bills were stuffed and turned the ball over. The loss guaranteed the Bills the worst record in the AFL, and the exclusive rights to the #1 overall pick in the AFL/NFL combined draft. The big prize coming out of the NCAA that season was Heisman Trophy winner O.J. Simpson. At 1-12-1, they finished dead last in the league.
I like our draft prize.:brow:
Amazingly, the Bills QBs combined
only threw a total of 7 TDs,
and the Bills rushing attack netted only 9.
:boom:

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
I'm sorry to drag this back in here but the 1968 Bills are fascinating.
I like our draft prize.:brow:

I'm not sure I get the point...Does this mean that years from now, either Vince or Lendale will murder their wife...( bet I get jumped for that one);)

Well???

I hope the 68 bills are not our model because only one of those 4 players amounted to anything long term and that was moses who retired with near hall(For 1981) numbers. The other three were only in the league one more season.

Best of the bunch...

Well we have to lean towards either roby or williams until we see the impact of that injury to jones. Without the injury i would consider jones on an equal par with givens and bennett. Maybe that will still be the case.

I'm partial to roby from the beginning because of his speed but all three look pretty good. The WR situation last year allowed these guys to play a lot more than they normally would with most teams and should help them this season.

That gives us 4 solid guys with jones coming back and calico and wade in the mix. We should be able to field 3 quality WRs on any given sunday and with our Improved running game and solid corp of TEs we can be dangerous. The seeds have been sown and now volek can reap the harvest!

I'm hoping that's how it comes out RT. I was saying Wade would make the squad, but he's still getting good reviews and might be our #3. I think we're ok with Roby and Williams too and don't need to rush Jones back, but they're already bringing him back to practice. I don't think Calico even makes the team at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back