Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Okay, I have a friend that says we could get Sinorice Moss in round 2, also, I have seen more than one mock draft with the young WR from the U going to the 2nd round, Questions, Comments?

Every opinion I've gotten has him pegged as an early 2nd rounder, with a chance at late 1st depending on how the board falls.

Spinnaker said:
The question is: Moss, Jean-Giles, or Spencer?

I'd take Charles Spencer over them, and I haven't made that a secret. I firmly believe that Spencer and Mangold are the two best Interior OL in this years draft.

Moss is good, but I wouldn't go WR in the second round

Pit Bull #53 said:
I'd take Charles Spencer over them, and I haven't made that a secret. I firmly believe that Spencer and Mangold are the two best Interior OL in this years draft.

Here's our O-line:

LT
71-Michael Roos

70-Daniel Loper

LG
69-Zach Piller
60-Jacob Bell
Mike Erickson

C
68-Kevin Mawae
54-Eugene Amano
61-Joel Rodriguez

RG
75-Benji Olson
76-David Stewart

RT
76-David Stewart
70-Daniel Loper

Looks like we need to improve on Right Tackle, any in the draft?

Well we're not really, unless you trust Stewart or Bell as our RT.

Also, just to clarify, I don't actually think we're gonna take Spencer or Jean-Gilles for that matter. Reese doesn't seem to value OL with the exception of LT's. Most of our guys recently were drafted late day 1/early day 2. Reese seems content on taking bums and letting Munchak turn them into passable starters. I don't necessarily agree with that, but that's how it goes sometimes...

Pit Bull #53 said:
Well we're not really, unless you trust Stewart or Bell as our RT.

Also, just to clarify, I don't actually think we're gonna take Spencer or Jean-Gilles for that matter. Reese doesn't seem to value OL with the exception of LT's. Most of our guys recently were drafted late day 1/early day 2. Reese seems content on taking bums and letting Munchak turn them into passable starters. I don't necessarily agree with that, but that's how it goes sometimes...

I see what you mean, but we won't be running to the right much or running bootlegs out right unless we pick up someone, I don't think we can start either one of those guys.

Alright, may-be, but, you never know, we could use Sinorice Moss, and everyone knows it, Floyd'd get severe critisism if we don't take him and he's a star somewhere else.

There's plenty of pure-RT in this draft. Once again, I'm not sold on us taking one, but just for the sake of listing a few that could be available in the early 2nd:

Marcus McNeill : Has probably a 10% chance of being at our pick, but I thought I'd list him anyway. Probably gone late 1st. He is MASSIVE (6'8 336) and a completely dominating, road grating run blocker.

Ryan O'Callaghan : Another massive guy (6'7, 345). He is strictly a RT. Another great run blocker, but doesn't have the foot speed for speed rushers. Probably the most polished, pure RT.

Andrew Whitworth : Probably won't get him unless we pick up a 3rd, because early 2nd is too early for him. Yet another huge guy (6'7, 335) The thing I like about him is that he has a mean streak. He's nasty and is primarily a run blocker.

Jeremy Trueblood : Also too early to take him with our pick in the 2nd. (6'8 316). About the same as the other guys. Might need to add a few lbs to max out his frame...I'm not too high on him as I watched him get schooled on a few occasions (Darryl Tapp comes to mind, he completely owned Trueblood and made him look like a JV player)

Ryan O'Callaghan : Another massive guy (6'7, 345). He is strictly a RT. Another great run blocker, but doesn't have the foot speed for speed rushers. Probably the most polished, pure RT

Take o'Callaghan, We need a run blocker on the Right.( and everywhere else for that matter)

Once again, I don't think we will, but just hypothetically...

If Marcus McNeill fell to our pick in the 2nd, I'd take him and never think twice about it, because he's just as good of a run blocker (blocked for Ronnie and Cadillac) as the other guys, but he also is a better pass blocker than the others. Doubt he makes it to us though.

If McNeill is there in the second I'd take him in a heartbeat.. in fact I already did in a GM Mockdraft on another site. Of course we don't know how well David Stewart has progreesed, maybe he's ready to start, but if not I'd love to have McNeill, even if he does have some medical concerns.

I noticed, but they are also two other reasons why we won't draft, even if Calico does nothing and is gone we still have five good recievers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back