Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds kind of sad to hear him say that......but....C-Ya pete. He was really good at one time, but I haven't seen the same player since he got hurt.

titanjay said:
Sounds kind of sad to hear him say that......but....C-Ya pete. He was really good at one time, but I haven't seen the same player since he got hurt.

His injury was one of those you dont expect him to be 100% a year later. However, that said, his injury happened in training camp in 2004, so he had a full year to recover. But even if you accept that he wasnt 100% last year and will be a better player this year, I still think Thornton is an upgrade.

I don't see why anyone would give us anything for him right now. There are plenty of other lb's right now that are free.

On the flip side, we really need to be looking hard at a vet MLB now...

You have to feel for Sirmon. He was a solid LB before the injury and certainly his season was tainted trying to come back from the injury. Even if he returns to his pre-injury level he will not be making 2.5 million per year.

Titans2008 said:
I don't see why anyone would give us anything for him right now. There are plenty of other lb's right now that are free.

On the flip side, we really need to be looking hard at a vet MLB now...

if Calmus was worth a 7th round pick, Sirmon should be worth a 4th or 3rd, easily.

So I guess Terry McCormick has Floyd's fax line bugged???

“I have enjoyed my time here in Tennessee, but with the uncertainty surrounding my situation with the Titans, I think it’s best to turn the page and move on with my career,” Sirmon said from Hawaii, where he is attending NFL Players Association meetings.

Banger21 said:
Its my understanding that Peter made his request through a fax to Floyd Reese himself, thats not going through the media.....
Unless Reese's fax machine if over at The Nashville City Paper, Sirmon or his agent released the info to the media.

well, it's not out of the question that someone in the Titans organisation leaked the info either. But in all likelihood it was the agent.

Terry McCormick reported that Reese said he's going to have a sit-down with Sirmon after he return from Hawaii. So we'll see where we are then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back