Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: LB Peter Sirmon is the player representative for the Titans and sides with his quarterback on the ongoing saga with the team. "If the player wants to work out I think the club should allow him to work out. He is under contract," Sirmon said yesterday. "(Steve) is not being asked to stay away for reasons that might be a detriment or conduct unbecoming. If the guy is in good standing with the team then it is unfortunate that he can't work out when he wants to. It just doesn't seem right." The NFLPA plans to file a grievance on behalf of McNair, and the Titans have 10 days in which to respond. "We respect Steve's right to use the grievance mechanism set up by the CBA for handling player and club differences," a statement from the Titans said. "We will study the grievance and respond in due course." Sirmon said he's not sure what an arbitrator might decide. It all hinges on interpreting the language in the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, he said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

first he faxes his Frenchy No Mas letter to the FO and now he takes his union leadership role public.

he'll need a wheelchair cause he already shot himself in both feet.

Sirmon is speaking in capacity of his Union rep role, it has no impact on his status within the team, and shouldn't have an impact on the fans either.

Vigsted said:
Sirmon is speaking in capacity of his Union rep role, it has no impact on his status within the team, and shouldn't have an impact on the fans either.

Yeah like the Braves fans did not hold Galvins union advocateacy against him in 94. He got booed at home every game for years and rightfully so.

Free speech has a cost.

Sirmon is doing exactly as he should as the teams PLAYER rep and probably most players would take McNairs side. I dont think the Titans will decide what to do with Sirmon or McNair until after the draft. If we draft Leinhart Steve may be released this year or stay for the final year of his contract(if we can handle the cap#) but wont be here next year. If we draft Young or Cutler he may get a 2 or 3 yr deal with bonus money and money will heal all wounds. If we draft a middle LB in the 2nd round Sirmon will be released if we go for a safety or corner in 2nd he may be here 1 more yr. His support of McNair wont have any influence at all on his situation.

dontdraftCutler said:
I was waiting for your response....and there it is. Just curious, Ewker, are there any Titans you DO like? :))

hey troll, just for you.

yeah there is but I don't goo goo eyes over players like some do. It is about the team not a certain player. If the Titans can do better by letting them go so be it. I am not hurt or offended or turn against the Titans if a player gets cut. There are people who are still upset over the players we have let go in the past. Get over it, it happens in sports
IMO I don't think McNair or Sirmon will be here when the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back