Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoT said:
Yeah like the Braves fans did not hold Galvins union advocateacy against him in 94. He got booed at home every game for years and rightfully so.

Free speech has a cost.

Well then I honestly hope that whenever those people have trouble at work, their union rep will just sit quietly by.

LazyManJackson said:
If Mcnair leaves. Who will be the Titans Player Icon?

Bulluck. Clearly. Posts on another message board said Keith's picture was already blown up to replace McNair's in the Coliseum, should he be released or traded.

GLinks said:
Bulluck. Clearly. Posts on another message board said Keith's picture was already blown up to replace McNair's in the Coliseum, should he be released or traded.

Damn, how much does a Reynaldologist have to bribe to get his image on the stadium.

GoTitans3801 said:
I don't think that's necessarily true, the player rep always sides with the player.

Always, and who wouldn't? This was poorly handled and this marks back-to-back seasons of sorrow in the offseason. Not gonna be the same without 9's stability...oh well...another 4-12 season with number one pick PacMan still getting used by every receiver he sees...cuz he's 5'2! how about drafting a bigger corner who can help? Ok....lemme stop ranting...

-Mecca

GoT said:
Yeah like the Braves fans did not hold Galvins union advocateacy against him in 94. He got booed at home every game for years and rightfully so.

Free speech has a cost.

Well when those people lose their insurance, or are forced to work longer hours with no OT, or something of that nature, I hope they dont call union reps to help them out. You dont have to agree with everything a union does, and a lot of times they do take advantage of situations, but the idea that a player isnt going to stick with his union is ludicrous. Especially considering the MLBPA is probably the most powerful union in the world, and the NFLPA might not be quite as powerful, but as a player, it would be idiocy to not stick with the union.

Ya know I understand why Sirmon would have the official position he does regarding the matter, probably marching orders from NFLPA.

But the guy has already proven himself to be a spineless girly man by faxing a resignation letter right after the Titans signed another OLB.

He should keep as low a profile as possible IMHO

GoT said:
Ya know I understand why Sirmon would have the official position he does regarding the matter, probably marching orders from NFLPA.

But the guy has already proven himself to be a spineless girly man by faxing a resignation letter right after the Titans signed another OLB.

He should keep as low a profile as possible IMHO

Well, Im not going to defend the resignation letter deal, that was stupid. But, the Titans dont want to be a team that looks like they dont play well with the union, if that happens then say goodbye to any future free agents. Any union rep would have done what Sirmon did, and its in the teams best interest not to hold a grudge against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back