Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I just returned from a trip up to Pittsburgh. Boy are they some cocky mothers. Everwhere you go its, "Welcome to Pittsburgh; home of the World Champion Steelers," and everyone gets rowdy.

Well anyways I talked with numerous fans about them losing Hope (Chris, that is, although I also think they've lost hope for a repeat), Randel El and the Bus. They talked as if the loss of Hope would be more hurtful then that of Randel El. I thought that was pretty strange; I know they'll miss Hope (certainly Polamalu will), but I thought that they'd really be hurting without Randel El.

Anyways, I just thought that was a little strange, but it was nice to hear that they were more worried about losing Hope then Randel El.

He may not have done a lot statistically and honor wise, but he really was a big part of the team. Their offense is going to be tripping some without him.

they wont be able to do much in terms of gadget plays without him because of his versatility (running, catching, throwing)

He was nothing more then a #3 WR though.

I think you're underestimating Randle El Gunny, he's a playmaker. He might not be as good as Hines Ward, no doubt about that really. But he is a good wr with great special abilities. He's a number two wr in my mind, due to his special team and gadget play contributions.
He's a nasty punt returner...

MadAboutMcNair said:
I think you're underestimating Randle El Gunny, he's a playmaker. He might not be as good as Hines Ward, no doubt about that really. But he is a good wr with great special abilities. He's a number two wr in my mind, due to his special team and gadget play contributions.

They are not worried about Randle-El, because he is a very average wide-receiver. Everyone loves to talk about the gadget plays they run, they ran three gadget plays with Randle-El all year. They happen to hit on all three of them. What people outside of P-burgh forget is they have run those same plays before Randle-El was drafted with much success. Ward is a former QB, and you can bet they will draft a versatile player in the same mold this year. Hope on the other hand covered deep very well for Polamalu, so that Troy can wreak havoc all over the field.

MadAboutMcNair said:

As a WR El is only a 500-600 yard per year guy and he only caught one TD in the regular season. His passing contribution was 3-3, 67 yards and one TD in the regular season. He returned one KO for 16 yards. As a punt returner he did well with a 10 yard average and 2 TDs. Still, he accounted for only 4 TDs in the regular season.

IMO he is only a solid #3 WR who can return punts. The Steelers should be able to find a solid replacement without much trouble.

I don't understand how a game played in one country, such as american football, can have a trophy which when won, makes you "World Champion". The same in baseball but thats worse because there's competitions in Japan, etc now.

The BUS was a big gadget guy too, so to lose both at the same time is hard. BigRob the question has been asked on ESPN to Mel Kiper and there's one guy who does it but he isn't that fast. There is though Michael Robinson and another QB who will eventually become WRs (or failing that, failures).

Randel el...

Hines ward is a former QB and can throw the ball and run gadget plays. He can't make a throw like the one randle el made in the super bowl though.

I don't think being a good punt returner makes him a number 2 WR.

thnom...

NFL caliber football is not played anywhere else. Was there a better team than the steelers some where else in the world?

In major league baseball the best players from around ther world come here to play so the concept fits.

The next randel el?

Reggie mcneil right? 6'2 200 lbs with 4.35 speed. He might be better than randel el. Matt jones will be better than randel el and drew bennett already is better. Why don't the titans pass more with drew?

Seems like every year there is one very good WR who used to be a QB. Micheal robinson might be more suitable as a RB. He has a RB body at 6'1 222.

Are they wrong?

theprizdfighter said:
I just returned from a trip up to Pittsburgh. Boy are they some cocky mothers.
That goes along with that Lombardi trophy they got in January. They added it to their collection!

RollTide said:
Reggie mcneil right? 6'2 200 lbs with 4.35 speed. He might be better than randel el. Matt jones will be better than randel el and drew bennett already is better. Why don't the titans pass more with drew?

Seems like every year there is one very good WR who used to be a QB. Micheal robinson might be more suitable as a RB. He has a RB body at 6'1 222.

Reggie McNeal can play qb in the NFL.

Well,

theprizdfighter said:
Oh yeah. I must have missed that fitantitan.
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, but a team/city with 5 Lombardi trophys can get a little cocky at times. They managed to beat the best teams the NFL has to offer, and they did it on the road. If the Titans had pulled that off, I think we would have given 'cocky' a whole new meaning.

RollTide said:
NFL caliber football is not played anywhere else. Was there a better team than the steelers some where else in the world?

But how do you call a team world champions when it is only played in one country and there isnt any competition from the outside world.

The World Cup in soccer is appropriate because almost every country has a chance to qualify and then win the World Cup.

A - fair enough

B - Its the Superbowl not the World Championship Bowl.

C - I would LOVE to see Olympic Football. I personally think Japan would dominate - if those Sumo dudes have any stamina at all. An OL averaging 700 lbs would be hard to stop - lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back