Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: With the heat index well over 100 degrees, the Titans moved their 3:30 pm session to 7:30 last night. "I felt like that three consecutive practices in this type of weather would defeat the purpose of what we are trying to do," said Fisher. "We are acclimating the players and taking advantage of the heat. At the same time, we have a minor flu bug running through the building right now. When that happens you’re going to be dealing with dehydration, so it made sense to keep them off their feet and keep them inside." Many players, including GM Floyd Reese, are having flu-like symptoms. Today's 8:30 a.m. practice has been moved to 9 a.m., and the more physical work will be done in the afternoon session. If the weather remains extreme, however, the afternoon practice might be moved into the evening again. "We are acclimating the players and we are taking advantage of the heat, but at the same time, we have to be realistic," Fisher said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

At first...my thought was that the heat should be good to toughen them up; however, at this point of time and after actually watching them practice....I feel totally different. While training camp is the time that cuts are made to the roster, it is also a time to work hard and build their endurance. Drills and techniques are also focussed on. Because of the heat and this "bug" that was going around...I think it was definately a smart decision.

Last night I overheard one of the coaches commenting on this very thing...he said that they basically use a positive approach when training and correcting problems or techniques.

My whole impression was that it would be like a "boot camp" type deal...but that was not it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back