Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
smili said:
I guess we've gotta consider we've got two new rookies at LB already in Tulloch and Nande, and it sounds like Sirmon is back in the fold after asking to be traded early on. I can't recall where, but I heard positive comments that Sirmon's looking very good at MLB, and Tulloch is also looking good. I can't see us taking another LB at that spot given what we have on roster. I'm assuming Sirmon's contract will be renegotiated.

Given this and the character issues involved, I'm betting we pass on the supplemental, or use lower than a 4th.

Don't forget we drafted Spencer Toone at LB as well. Apparently the FO didn't have alot of confidence in the guys we already had although I think both our 7th rounders might just be training camp fodder.

"Linebacker Ahmad Brooks, dismissed from the University of Virginia football team in late March, has raised his stock for Thursday's supplemental draft by losing 32 pounds and increasing workouts. In 10 weeks, Brooks went on a diet to drop from 292 to 260 pounds. Then, in the past two weeks, Brooks worked out four hours a day at Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia. Once projected as a possible first-round pick in the regular draft, Brooks is hopeful he'll go in the first three rounds of the supplemental draft."

Sounds almost enticing don't it.

I'm telling you, this guy is a train wreck waiting to happen. Let the Bengals, Dolphins or the Jags have him. If we do bid for him and he turns out to be a turd, how many posters will be complaining like the Henry trade or Pac as a first pick. Be careful what you ask for.

Soxcat said:
Don't forget we drafted Spencer Toone at LB as well. Apparently the FO didn't have alot of confidence in the guys we already had although I think both our 7th rounders might just be training camp fodder.

Yeah, the _short_ draft writeup I saw written about Toone had him appraised at best a career special teamer. We already have those.

Slipjack said:
I'm telling you, this guy is a train wreck waiting to happen. Let the Bengals, Dolphins or the Jags have him. If we do bid for him and he turns out to be a turd, how many posters will be complaining like the Henry trade or Pac as a first pick. Be careful what you ask for.

I wasn't really asking for him and I did say "almost" enticing after all. I of course still want to see us pick up Old Man Seau. That or complete the Lelie - Kinney - Donnie Edwards three way trade everyones been talking about.:brow:

kevin carter was probally the best example of a good character guy that could play great football, i think bulluck is another prime example on our team, and vince the way that he gave his draft day jersey to that kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back