Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I don't know how to set up a poll so I'm just going to list the options....we all know that the OL is a place for us to save cap space....

What do you do with Lewan???

A) Cut him
B) Don't touch his contract and just let him play it out
C) Extend his contact by adding a few years to it
D) Add 2 voidable years to his contract
F) Trade him for a 2nd rnd pick in 2022 while giving up a 3rd in 2023

Unless the plan is to go all out and sign Armstead or Brown as his replacement, I don't see how cutting him makes a lot of sense. He is a very solid LT in a league that doesn't seem to have that many.

Restructuring likely creates roughly 10 million this year, but it just pushes the can down the road. We'd be in a similar predicament in 2023, but on the hook for a higher dead cap hit.

I probably choose B. Leave it alone and let him play out his deal. If he plays great, we got him for another year at a reasonable deal. If he plays bad/gets hurt, we can cut him for no cost this time next year.

I vote to extend him. Nothing like his other contract though. He will be better in the years to come because his acl injury will be in the past.

B

When he originally signed the contract, I thought it was ridiculously high. Over the course of the contract, other players salaries have gone up and now it is not so high any more.

I just want him to get back on the roids and learn how to pass a drug test for them.

Who says that F is what we would get as compensation? LT is a hugely important position in the league and we could definitely get more than that in a trade.

Who says that F is what we would get as compensation? LT is a hugely important position in the league and we could definitely get more than that in a trade.
For comparison...Orlando Brown played RT for Ravens but was drafted as a LT, wanted to be a LT

The Chiefs traded their 2021 first-round pick (No. 31 overall), a third-rounder (94), fourth-round pick (136) and a 2022 fifth-round selection in exchange for Brown and a 2021 second-round pick (No. 58) and a 2022 sixth-round pick.

B, until we have at least somewhat of a replacement in house we can't afford to give up on our blindside blocker despite any warts that may be present

For comparison...Orlando Brown played RT for Ravens but was drafted as a LT, wanted to be a LT

The Chiefs traded their 2021 first-round pick (No. 31 overall), a third-rounder (94), fourth-round pick (136) and a 2022 fifth-round selection in exchange for Brown and a 2021 second-round pick (No. 58) and a 2022 sixth-round pick.

Brown was also 24-25. Not 30

If you use the trade value chart basically the Chiefs gave up what amounts to an upper/middle 2nd rnd pick for Brown….obviously Brown is younger but comes with a hefty price tag to keep him…Lewan is still a starting caliber LT who could certainly draw some trade interest…I just don’t see anyone giving up a first for him especially since we don’t have a 2nd to include in the deal

B is my vote and then that still gives you a person that you can redo the contract on if something comes up later in the off-season or during the season.

Saffold and Quessenberry are the starters that need to go. Saffold is entirely too inconsistent and Quessenberry is awful in pass protection where the Titans really lacked in 2021. Quessenberry should be allowed to walk and Saffold should be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back