Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
IF.......Volek manages to get the Titans into the palyoffs in 2006, what would you do with him in 2007?
Billy knows this is his make-or-break year. His future is riding on 2006.
If Billy can take the Titans to the playoffs in 2006, would you pull him in 2007 to start Young.....an unproven QB?

If he gets us to the playoffs then that means that VY didn't get much playing time. Since he is under contract through the 2007 season, I would keep him unless someone was willing to give up a 2nd rnd pick for him.

I'd trade him, while we can. It would be a Brees/Rivers situation. San Diego is gutsy for what they did on one level, but on another, they had little choice. In their case, Rivers was on the bench longer though. Still, this staff will almost certainly be playing Young at some point in 07, perhaps in week one. As such, I'd trade Volek, even if he (especially if) he played well.

Pause to consider, his contract has a "no trade" clause, doesn't it?

So that means it is only a trade subject to his approval, or cut him, or let his contract ride.

We don't know what will happen with players and injuries, so it is premature to speculate.

If he 's winning I keep him in, Young is only going to get better the longer he sits and learns, watches, gets to know this offense inside and out and the game starts to slow down to him when being played at this level, If Billy takes us there which I believe he can, will it happen? we dont know yet, I'd love that to be the case as I know we all would, If he's winning and playing well, I keep & Start him, let VY continue to learn...

Sunshine2 said:
QB Billy Volek Signed through 2008* Has no-trade clause in contract

Without researching it...isn't '08 an option year. I don't know why, but I thought '07 was too. I would like to keep him at least through '07 - starter or backup.

Slackmaster said:
Pause to consider, his contract has a "no trade" clause, doesn't it?
I believe that is the case. The only situation I see the Titans trading Volek is if he has a big season but the team is committed to starting Young in '07. He'd want to get #1 QB money somewhere so might work with the Titans on a trade.

If this Volek dream scenario shakes out and he does lead us to the post season... (I have a hard time entertaining this seriously) ... imagine the calibur of defensive player we may be able to wrangle. I want to see the defense built up... and we've seen it built up a bit through the draft and FA... if Vince Young is given a top notch D to rely on... imagine what he might be able to do if he has the luxury of playing with a lead.

Someone commented a few days ago about our playoff teams in the past being built to play it close and win by a small margin... doesn't always work out...

fitantitans said:
IF.......Volek manages to get the Titans into the palyoffs in 2006, what would you do with him in 2007?
Billy knows this is his make-or-break year. His future is riding on 2006.
If Billy can take the Titans to the playoffs in 2006, would you pull him in 2007 to start Young.....an unproven QB?

That's a big IF. I can't see the Titans winning more than 7 games. I would love to see VY start 2 games in 2006.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
If this Volek dream scenario shakes out and he does lead us to the post season... (I have a hard time entertaining this seriously) ... imagine the calibur of defensive player we may be able to wrangle. I want to see the defense built up... and we've seen it built up a bit through the draft and FA... if Vince Young is given a top notch D to rely on... imagine what he might be able to do if he has the luxury of playing with a lead.

Someone commented a few days ago about our playoff teams in the past being built to play it close and win by a small margin... doesn't always work out...

What side of the ball do you think the Titans will draft in 2007?

I'm guessing Drew Bennett will want a contract similar to David Givens. Would you draft a WR in round 1 to replace Drew?

I can't see it happening. However, the question is what to do if it does. If we make it to the playoffs with the team we're fielding in 2006, and Volek gets us to the playoffs, why would you bench him? If someone made a huge trade offer, first rounder or two seconds, or something else hard to refuse, then maybe you trade him, if he consents to it, which he probably would with Vince behind him. If not though, keep him, let the guy play until we have trouble, why stop a good thing?

It depends on his stats. If he throws for 3,755 yards and has a qb rating around 88-93 I think you gotta keep him as your starter for at least another year and possibly a lot longer. He's not some old fart who's hanging on. He's at his peak age. What are you trading him for. There is no good reason.

I wouldn't trade him. I'd try to win the superbowl. Give him at least three years to do it.

I'm not sure which way to look at this;
1. Are the Titans fans anti-Volek
2. Are the Titans fans pro-Young
Do the fans want Young to start because they are pro Young or because they are anti Volek. It's confusing reading some of these posts.
What Titans fans should be is <u>pro-Winning</u>. If Volek can get us to the playoffs, why would you pull him or possibly trade him? The only reasoning is, is so Young can take us to the playoffs. Doesn't make sense. Who cares who takes us to the playoffs as long as we get there. Why would you break up a winning combination?
Going into 2007 with 2 possible superstar QBs.....priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back