Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish Tenn would draft him, :hmm: its gonna suck not watching him play in a Buckeye Uniform anymore.........so of course im all for it lol

here's my problem with AJ, and it's not him
it's our draft position and our need to find an heir to McNair

if we already had a Young or Leinart on roster and Chris didn't have the injury concerns that he does, AJ would be my second choice (D'Brick would probably be my first)

but as it is right now, AJ is my #4

imo, our needs are as follows (considering the talent where we draft)
1) QB - Vince Young obviously the fan favorite now
2) OL - D'Brickashaw looks solid at Senior Bowl practice
3) RB - only because it's Reggie Bush
4) LB - if we were picking a little further back

Ferguson is going to be the best player available assuming Bush is gone. Franchise LTs are the second most valuable player on offense IMO to the QB and Ferguson can contribute from day one.
With any QB there is a reasonable chance you can get a bust or mediocre player. RBs have better odds of succeeding based on history of the draft but their careers are shorter and there is a greater chance of career ending injuries. The two safest picks are Ferguson and Hawk with the value of Ferguson being far greater than a LB IMO.
With the exception of Bush being at #3, which isn't likely I'm beginning to think Ferguson is our guy.

Soxcat said:
Ferguson is going to be the best player available assuming Bush is gone.
You take Ferguson over Young or Leinart at #3 with Roos on the roster and two potential candidates ready to step in at RT or are you talking about trading out to take him?

The thing that makes it hard to pass up on Brick is that he is a Walter Jones, Pace, etc type player, and they always get picked in the top five. He is the guy I want, as well.

Roos might be better suited to stay at RT, anyways.

Also, I see Loper being a depth player, not a starter. Stewart has everything we want to plug into one of th G spots.

Honestly, if we take Brick, this is how I see our O-line in the near future, depending on what happens:

Brick, Bell, Amano, Stewart, Roos

I really, really want to see what Amano can do in a starting capacity, as he can get lower than Hartwig can (leverage), and has a mean streak.

TitanJeff said:
You take Ferguson over Young or Leinart at #3 with Roos on the roster and two potential candidates ready to step in at RT or are you talking about trading out to take him?

I dont know that you take him, but you have to look at him very closely. I agree with soxcat, Ferguson is probably the most sure thing in this draft, and could very easily be a Ogden, pace, Jones, type player. I like Roos, and think he would be a solid LT, but I dont imagine him being anywhere near the level that Ferguson should be, plus if we left Roos on the right then we know we are solid at that position. Plus, if we take a QB who ends up being a bust then we have really set ourselves back. So again, not saying you take Ferguson over a QB, but you have to strongly consider it I believe.

I have thought that with McNair possibly gone within the next few years, we would need a quarterback with really good potential. Now that I think about it though, if we take Ferguson and really strengthen up our offensive line, not only could that help us get our run going again, but also allow just about any quarterback to have time to make good decisions and get the ball down the field.

it's a double edged sword

you need a solid cohesive offensive line to allow time for the QB
you need a mobile QB just in case the line breaks
you need an agile RB to bounce it outside when there's no holes

ANYONE could make a valid argument for either Young, Bush or Ferguson

I'd find it harder to make as big an argument for AJ

is anyone like me that dosent like the idea of taking a lineman that high.Robert Gallery was a cant miss and so far he has had a hard time in the League.i just really dont like the idea for the simple fact that they arent going up against a nfl type caliber player

I don't like the idea of taking Brick at #3
that being said, I don't like taking a LB there either

there are 2 franchise QB's and 1 RB available
you take one of the 3 or trade out to someone who will

Brick and AJ are likely 4 /5 respectively
if we want one of the two, we can trade back a slot

no doubt in my mind that NYJ wil take whoever is there @3

Brick is the most sure thing in the draft? Based on what?

Maybe the LT position translates easier to the NFL than the other skill positions but how often has three players with the skills and stats of Young, Lienart and Bush come into the league?

TitanJeff said:
Brick is the most sure thing in the draft? Based on what?

Maybe the LT position translates easier to the NFL than the other skill positions but how often has three players with the skills and stats of Young, Lienart and Bush come into the league?

Bush is there with Brick certainly I think. Young and Leinart are not sure things by any stretch of the imagination. Even Chow has said that Leinart is not the same prospect as a guy like Carson Palmer. And Young is a great athlete, but there are certainly lots of areas he will have to improve in. Just because Matt Leinart put up great #s playing on a team full of future NFL players against mostly average college teams doesnt mean those #s and his average arm strength will transfer to the NFL. For every Manning or Palmer, or Mcnabb, you have Couch, Harrington, Leaf and Akili Smith. Taking a qb in the top 10 is certainly hit or miss, and if we miss then we have really set ourselves back. I do like Young, Id much rather take Brick over Leinart though.

TitanJeff said:
I've yet to read this quote from Chow on Leinart. Anyone want to share a link to it?

I dont have a link, it was from Wycheck on his morning show a few weeks ago. But clearly just watching Palmer and Leinart play you can clearly see the differential in arm strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back