Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
theprizdfighter said:
An easy way to solve this is to draft D'Qwell Jackson in the 2nd round..

I think DQuell is a little undersized, too (hang on, let me look it up...) Yeah, GBN has him listed at 6'0"/225 lbs. AND he's a middle LB. I think the Titans WILL draft a LB in the first day, but I think the thought behind picking up Witherspoon or Thornton (both OLBs) is to move Sirmon to the middle. And draft another MLB to take his place next season, since he's in the last year of his contract. It might work...

Banshee2 said:
I think DQuell is a little undersized, too (hang on, let me look it up...) Yeah, GBN has him listed at 6'0"/225 lbs. AND he's a middle LB. I think the Titans WILL draft a LB in the first day, but I think the thought behind picking up Witherspoon or Thornton (both OLBs) is to move Sirmon to the middle. And draft another MLB to take his place next season, since he's in the last year of his contract. It might work...

If the Titans sign a free agent like Witherspoon or Thornton, they will move Pete inside. In such a scenario, I don't see the Titans drafting a MLB until the 2nd day of the draft.

RollTide said:
So maybe our biggest problem is our smallish DEs and our pee wee sized corners which is something we really can't help. They have to play if that is the best we have. Would be nice if woolfolk could step up and help in this matter.

I am fully believing he will. This healthy beginning during training camps etc, will be productive for him. He will reinsert himselfand reinstall the coaches, press and fans belief in him. I believe the coaches believe in him a little more than the press and fans do, but pure undoubted performance will make everyone believe.... Look for it, you may not expect it, I do, but it doesn't matter, look for it.... It will happen.

Spencer and Reynolds are the two heaviest LBs on the team. In particular, Reynolds is a MLB (242 or so, I think). I wonder if they are thinking of starting him in the middle. He did have a good blitz once from the middle position.

D'Qwell Jackson is undersized, but he doesn't play like it. He has some of the best numbers (stats) for a LB in the draft. If we get him, we won't regret it. If we do sign Thornton and move Sirmon into MLB it would make a little more sense to use our 2nd pick with an O-lineman or RB (Addai) or Safety, but I still like Jackson here.

Yeah, I do think DJ will be a decent 2nd rounder, even if we can trade down and maybe pick up a number three on top of that one...

Thornton now a titan!..

5 year $22m deal. The titans are no longer shopping for a linebacker.

Note that i, rolltide have been talking about brining thornton here for over a month. Not that my friend kami had a bad idea at all with witherpoon for some reason he never came here. It is sweet to take away from the dolts.

Prizefighter...

I don't see us drafting addai with that 2nd rd pick. The guy looks like a nice player but we are set at RB. Brown's under contract and henry will be here for a while. I think reese wants to focus on something else and he feels that he has good value money wise because brown and henry are decent players and won't be heavy on the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back