Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's Bush or Young I'm looking at, I definitely sit. If it's Leinart, I'll be glad to take him in the end, after I've listened to every incoming offer.

Anyone can bust. Aside from translation of talent, it could all end with an injury. It's all dicey.

DeutschTitan said:
The only way we trade down is if someone offers us their whole draft......The "top three" are too good to pass up on. If we have a shot at Vince or Bush, there's no way we trade down. Why make the youngest team in the NFL even younger?

We don't need someone's "whole draft." That wouldn't happen, and you're right, we don't need the rooks. But it's kind of tempting to think you can get two first round players especially when your number one choice, whoever that is, might be gone.

Cutler/White
Hawk/Huff
Ferguson/Cutler
D. or M.Williams/Greenway

I myself would rather stick at #3 - I'd take Leinart, too, I think.

Rather than trade down, I'd still like to trade Volek and Henry - both could go to the Vikings as well. Not the best system for Volek, but the Vikes need QB if Culpepper is traded, and they clearly need a RB as well. Not going to happen, but if I could sell the Vikings on those two for pick #17, I'd take #3 and #17 and go for Young/Leinart/Bush and then look for D.Williams/L.White/D.Ryans/M.Huff/C.Greenway/M.McNeill, etc. I'd actually take pick #49 for Volek/Henry in a heartbeat as well.

There's also a couple of Vikings players we could pick up in a trade, like Corey Chavous, or one of the WRs - Travis Taylor/Koren Robinson. I'd say Nate Burleson, but I doubt they'd give him up.

Culpepper in Oakland? How bizarre.
They are just adding to the freak show...

Randy and Dante had a tumultuous relationship at best in Minnesota.
What the hell is wrong with that guy?

He has terrible ideas...

...but if we can get #6, #17 and Minnesota's third rounder...
I better not end up wondering in three years what
life with Vince Young would be like...:hmm:

In the event that this trade did happen, check the draft out

1(6)AJ Hawk
1(17)DeAngelo Williams
2(?)Omar Jacobs

That would be an awesome draft but doubt it would happen

Update, not that this is necessarily better:

"AP reports another circulated trade rumor: QB Daunte Culpepper and the Vikings' second-round draft pick to HC Dennis Green's Cardinals for Arizona's No. 10 overall pick and S Adrian Wilson. The Vikings could also package controversial CB Fred Smoot with Culpepper in a deal, allowing them to re-sign free agent CB Brian Williams."

How about #s 10 and 17 instead? Sounds good for Cutler/White.

GLinks said:
Update, not that this is necessarily better:

"AP reports another circulated trade rumor: QB Daunte Culpepper and the Vikings' second-round draft pick to HC Dennis Green's Cardinals for Arizona's No. 10 overall pick and S Adrian Wilson. The Vikings could also package controversial CB Fred Smoot with Culpepper in a deal, allowing them to re-sign free agent CB Brian Williams."

How about #s 10 and 17 instead? Sounds good for Cutler/White.
That trade would make more sense because Culpepper knows Denny Green's offense and did some some numbers in it

I don't see Leinart as a franchise player like Bush and Young. If bush and young are gone, then it would smarter to trade down for other high quality player combos like GLinks listed.

I can't see any team giving up the #6 and #17 pick for the #3 pick. If Y'all think Cutler is such a great QB that Y'all would pick him in the first, don't you think they may be willing to get him and keep the other pick for theirselves, since your premise is that they need a QB so bad.

nigel said:
No way would the Vikings make that trade, not in a million years

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/NickelPackage/tradevaluechart.htm

In the end, it's the player a team covets. The value chart is but a guide to that end. If a team wants a player badly enough, they'll pay to get it.

But moving on, it may not be Oakland anymore apparently. If it's the 10th and 17th picks the Vikings hold, that is only "overpaying" by 50 points according to the chart. But given that it'll be Leinart, Bush or Young we're talking about, that's really like going for #1 overall, regardless of our team's position. And teams have historically overpaid for #1 overall caliber players.

See Starkiller post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back