Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Texans,Colts,Seahawks,Raiders,Panthers could all be drafting QB this year.

Next year there won't be as many teams drafting a QB and Maye,Williams several others will be ready.

Worst thing to do is draft a QB after the best ones Young and Stroud are gone and settle for less.....

Below i did a chart showing all the teams in the league and who is most likely and not likely to draft a QB this year or next....

AFC East
N.Y. Jets--Aaron Rodgers, still have Zach Wilson so not likely to draft QB
Miami--Have Tua so not likely
Buffalo--Have Allen not likely
New England--Have Mac Jones so not likely

AFC SOUTH
Houston--gonna draft QB this draft
Indy--most likely drafting QB this draft
Jax--Have Trevor not likely
Tennessee--50/50 drafting one this year or next

AFC NORTH
Pitt--Not likely have Pickett
Cincy--Not likely have Burrow
Cleveland--Not likely have Watson
Baltimore--Not sure all depends on IF Jackson is still there

AFC WEST
Kansas City--Not likely have Mahomes
L.A. Chargers--Not likely have Herbert
Las Vegas--Real possibility
Denver--Not likely have Wilson

NFC EAST
Philly--Not likely have Hurts
N.Y. Giants--Not likely have Jones
Dallas--Not likely have Prescott
Washington--Could but probably not have Howell as starter

NFC NORTH

Minnesota--Not likely have Cousins
Green Bay--Not likely have Love
Chicago--Not likely have Fields
Detroit--Not likely have Goff

NFC SOUTH
New Orleans--Not likely have Carr
Atlanta--Not likely have Ridder
Carolina--Will likely draft QB this year
Tampa Bay--Good chance they draft QB this year or next

NFC WEST
San Francisco--Not likely they have Lance and Purdy
L.A. Rams--Not likely they have Stafford
Arizona--Not likely they have Murray
Seattle--Good chance they are looking for QBOF

So lets break it down we have the following teams drafting QB this year or next...

Houston
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Las Vegas
Baltimore IF Jackson leaves
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Seattle
Washington IF Howell doesn't work out

My opinion is this....

We won't likely get a top guy like Stroud or Young this year the best thing to do is wait until next year when there will most likely be better QB options like Maye and Williams

Also lets look at it like this....

Houston,Indy,Vegas,Carolina and possibly even Seattle draft QB this year for next year that leaves a small group of teams and if Tennessee want a QB next year there might not be a frenzy like this year for spots near the top and also there could be teams picking in or near the top that dont need QBs in '24 so it might not be as hard to trade up.

Best scenario..... patiently wait until '24 then get our QBOF

Worst scenario...... would be to break down and draft someone like Richardson who is NOT the answer and we'd be in another Jake Locker situation.

My opinion would be to draft one of these guys in '24

View attachment 20718

That’s a fine breakdown and seems pretty realistic to what’s likely going to happen.

couple counter points though:
1) pre-draft rankings are not always accurate. Take the notes QBs of Zach Wilson and Pat Mahomes. Mahomes was considered a reach at the time KC traded up for him and not sold as an NFL ready QB.
Zach Wilson was his year’s Stroud or Young.

2) just because a team took a QB recently, doesn’t mean they aren’t on the block again quickly. Ridder and Pickett come to mind. They have a lot to prove and if Williams is the QB some are already discussing he is, then even a team that just took a QB won’t think twice about drafting the “sure thing” even with a previous 1st rd pick on the roster.

3) kind of a catch all, but you never know what teams are going to trade and some are in contract years. I think NE may not be all in on Mac Jones for example.

a couple teams you have mentioned as “not likely” are probably a lot more likely than credit given currently.
-Stafford is old and has his ring, how much longer does he want to hang around, especially with LAR gutted
-Jordan love is unknown entirely
-Vikings don’t seem interested in long term Kirk
-Kylar Murray may not be the long term ARZ QB, rumors seem to have started there.
-SF is a strange one. They have an unproven Lance they traded the farm for. Purdy is still a late round pick that played very well, is that him always or is he this year’s gardner minshew.

I've said all along we should hold out to draft a QB next year. 2024 is going to be a great QB draft and Williams and Maye are already better than any QB in this draft IMO.

One important step in securing our guy in the 2024 draft is trying to gain as many future picks as possible. If someone wants to trade up for #11 in this draft, I'm asking for 2024 picks as compensation - ideally a future 1st depending on how far they have to move up. This helps us if we aren't in range for a QB, and gives us ammo to trade up if we need to in 2024.

Jets have made fairly clear they don't have faith in Wilson. They could easily be in the market for a new QB.

Dolphins are an unknown as well with Tua's concussions.

Washington has nobody. Sam Howell sucks.

In NE, Mac Jones is likely in his last chance to prove he can cut it as Billy B isn't gonna stick around forever.

Kyler Murray has had issues with AZ front office, so don't bank on him staying there.

Las Vegas and Tampa have stop gap QBs. Both likely will be looking for a QB of the future by the end of next year.

Rams will be looking to replace Stafford since he is close to retirement. Same with Minny and Cousins.

We usually have the trend of taking a draft pick (not just a QB) 1-4 picks ahead of someone who becomes a consistent pro bowler... so if you're a betting man or woman, and you want to bet on a field of draft picks having successful careers --- always look up to 4 picks AFTER US.....

Trade for Lamar, draft Richardson, along with Henry, and Carry 10 TE's to play WR, and make sure all of them are on the field at the same time. Boom! Bring back Exotic smash mouth football........but this time 2.0. Then when that fails, we trade Lamar, Richardson, and Henry and get a bunch of 1st rounders like in Madden.

Trade for Lamar, draft Richardson, along with Henry, and Carry 10 TE's to play WR, and make sure all of them are on the field at the same time. Boom! Bring back Exotic smash mouth football........but this time 2.0. Then when that fails, we trade Lamar, Richardson, and Henry and get a bunch of 1st rounders like in Madden.
While we’re playing madden, let’s just create a QB that meets the mold of Goat. Then we should be able to swindle the computer into a terrible trade for the number 1 pick.

"Where there's smoke, there's fire." It's pretty clear the Titans want to upgrade at QB. I'm fairly confident they have a deal in place with Monty to trade up to #3 with AZ if for some reason Carolina or Houston don't draft Stroud or Young (a long shot I know). If one is available, I fully expect us to be picking at #3.

If we stick and pick, I'm coming to terms with the fact that Anthony Richardson is a very strong possibility. At least with him, his athleticism is off the charts (I saw someone on Twitter say he's in the top 2% of every player who's ever tested at the combine) and he can learn behind Tanney for a year. That's not a terrible situation, but I still wouldn't love it.

I still think that trading for Trey Lance could be in the cards… trade the 49ers our 1st and 2nd next yr… use our cap money to bring in guys to replace the picks we won’t have… the 49ers have said that Purdy has earned the right to get the first team reps… if they think Purdy is the franchise QB then they have to get some value for Lance… to me it doesn’t make sense to pay Darnold 4mil to be the 3rd string qb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back