Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that trading for Trey Lance could be in the cards… trade the 49ers our 1st and 2nd next yr… use our cap money to bring in guys to replace the picks we won’t have… the 49ers have said that Purdy has earned the right to get the first team reps… if they think Purdy is the franchise QB then they have to get some value for Lance… to me it doesn’t make sense to pay Darnold 4mil to be the 3rd string qb
I think they have 2 QBs returning from serious injury so they don’t know what they have at QB.
I suppose Lance was projected as a QB supposed to be as good as the guys this year but he isn’t tested either so it’s almost like drafting a QB except requiring a trade to get him.

I think they have 2 QBs returning from serious injury so they don’t know what they have at QB.
I suppose Lance was projected as a QB supposed to be as good as the guys this year but he isn’t tested either so it’s almost like drafting a QB except requiring a trade to get him.

whether it is a trade or using a draft pick it is still gonna take draft capital to get our future franchise qb. Ran knows Lance better than any of these guys in the draft…I will trust Ran if he makes a trade for him. The 49ers at some point will want to get some value for Lance if Purdy continues to be the man.

I say we go after the Manning kid in 3 more years
Tank!!!

maybe a tank this year will give #1 pick next year that can be traded for the #1 the following year plus another tank and just like the 1992 Colts, BAM #1 and #2 overall pick.

Titans overrun by GOATS.

Edit:
It should be noted, while the 92 Colts went 9-7, just 1 year later they were back to 4-12.
Quinten Coryatt and Steve Emtman were not GOATS.

Tank!!!

maybe a tank this year will give #1 pick next year that can be traded for the #1 the following year plus another tank and just like the 1992 Colts, BAM #1 and #2 overall pick.

Titans overrun by GOATS.

Edit:
It should be noted, while the 92 Colts went 9-7, just 1 year later they were back to 4-12.
Quinten Coryatt and Steve Emtman were not GOATS.

If you are going to tank wait a couple years for Arch Manning.

Next year's QBs look good? Every rookie QB class looks "great" 18 months ahead of time. They are all college superstars.

If you are going to tank wait a couple years for Arch Manning.

Next year's QBs look good? Every rookie QB class looks "great" 18 months ahead of time. They are all college superstars.
It’s the exact same story every single year with QB. Every year, the sure thing is drafted early until they’re not the sure thing anymore. Sometimes that’s determined pretty quickly like Trubisky or Wilson, sometimes it’s undetermined like Daniel Jones, and on rare occasion, Andrew Luck is the real deal.
The fact that Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning seem to be the only examples of this, I’d guess it’s pretty hard to come by.

It’s the exact same story every single year with QB. Every year, the sure thing is drafted early until they’re not the sure thing anymore. Sometimes that’s determined pretty quickly like Trubisky or Wilson, sometimes it’s undetermined like Daniel Jones, and on rare occasion, Andrew Luck is the real deal.
The fact that Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning seem to be the only examples of this, I’d guess it’s pretty hard to come by.

I remeber years ago the 2013 QB class was hyped. That was the year a crap ton of OL went in the first and EJ Manuel was the only QB.

I still think that trading for Trey Lance could be in the cards… trade the 49ers our 1st and 2nd next yr… use our cap money to bring in guys to replace the picks we won’t have… the 49ers have said that Purdy has earned the right to get the first team reps… if they think Purdy is the franchise QB then they have to get some value for Lance… to me it doesn’t make sense to pay Darnold 4mil to be the 3rd string qb
There is no way Lance isn’t traded. Purdy is the starter and Darnold was brought in to be his backup. Zero chance Darnold signed a deal to be the #3.

There is no way Lance isn’t traded. Purdy is the starter and Darnold was brought in to be his backup. Zero chance Darnold signed a deal to be the #3.
I’m saying now I don’t think Lance gets traded at all.

darnold can pout as #2 or 3, but because of the injury uncertainty, Lance isn’t going to fetch the trade value SF will want and Purdy can’t be made “the guy” after a half of a season followed by major elbow injury.

I’m saying now I don’t think Lance gets traded at all.

darnold can pout as #2 or 3, but because of the injury uncertainty, Lance isn’t going to fetch the trade value SF will want and Purdy can’t be made “the guy” after a half of a season followed by major elbow injury.
Lance will be traded. Bank it.

SF is gambling on Purdy, like stated he's played half a year and coming off a major injury/surgery, and he's still months away from recovery.
Darnold really can't dictate what # of QB he will be as his stats don't scream I'm your #1 or #2

View attachment 20722

Yeah some team might give up a late 3rd or 4th for Lance just for the upside, but he isn't bringing back anything close a 1st rounder. I can't imagine why the 49ers would trade him anyways. Brock Purdy is a 7th rounder with about 8 starts. While he played relatively well, he wasn't asked to do much. He looked very pedestrian vs Dallas and Philly.

Let's say the Titans draft their QBOF in the 2023 draft. The Falcons are starting an unproven Desmond Ridder and the Titans have Tannehill with a huge cap number.

So, Titans trade Tannehill to the Falcons for Kyle Pitts. Who says no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back