Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Everyone has their opinions, some just make more sense. Well, here are my opinions.

1. Quarterback- we need no one. Steve Mcnair is more than capable and at this point we do not need to bring in a successor. We could have Peyton Manning and if the receivers do not do their job then it doesn't matter. Save that for next year. Also, trade Volek and try to get the 3rd round pick back we wasted on Henry.

2. Running back- Immediate help needed!!! The only backs that we need from the current roster on next years are Fleming, Payton, and Nash (due to an incomplete evaulation)

3. Wide receiver- We have the potential to have the best receiving core in the league if we can get everyone back healthy. This group does not include Tyrone Calico. The drops have to stop.

4. Offensive line- Well, they sure have been offensive. The only consistency I saw in the line is the fact that we consistently got a false start or holding penalty whenever progress was being made. This is the result of one of two things, bad coaching or low intelligence. I know that is harsh but enough is enough.

5. Tight end- Keep Scaife and Troupe. Kinney is an excellent tight end but youth is served and the dinner table is awful crowded.

6. Defensive line- Resign KVB but don't give up too much in the way of salary cap. Overall, I think our defensive line has the potential to be the best in the league.

7. Linebackers- Hindsight tells me that we overpaid for Sirmon. Although he is capable I believe we could have gotten the same for less money somewhere else. Bullock is untouchable. We do need to add one more to the pot and I believe we will during this draft...maybe A.J. Hawk.

8. Cornerback- OK, I was wrong. Although I still think he has a lot of growing up to do, Pac Man is the real deal. Hill is solid but the jury is still out. We do need to show Woolfolk the door for, A. being a bust, and B. having a name that will get you in trouble if you try to say it too fast. Still need more help through FA or draft.

9. Safety- CLEAN HOUSE. LT and Tank are good in run support but lack the instinct in coverage. This was shown too many times in the season. We will address this during draft.

10. Kicker and punter- We are good.

11. Coaching- Get the Off. line in order. This coupled with a running back will open up our passing game and we will take advantage of the talent we have at reciever.

Ok, there it is. For those of you that don't think I'm correct, at least acknowledge my right to opinion. We buy the tickets and merchandise and love this team. It is our team as much as Bud Adams. I can't wait to hear the responses.

Q

I agree with most of what you said except a few of these....

titanicvolfan said:
1. Quarterback- we need no one. Steve Mcnair is more than capable and at this point we do not need to bring in a successor. We could have Peyton Manning and if the receivers do not do their job then it doesn't matter. Save that for next year. Also, trade Volek and try to get the 3rd round pick back we wasted on Henry.

If the Junior prospects stay in school, it's likely we'll put a hold on the future QB until Draft '07. I shared your same opinion until yesterdays game, then my eyes were opened. The Recievers aren't the major fault with our passing game atm. The offense as a whole is the problem with it's lack of consistent play; whether it be from the QB position, RB or WR. I doubt we'll get a third for Volek after yesterdays showing.

titanicvolfan said:
2. Running back- Immediate help needed!!! The only backs that we need from the current roster on next years are Fleming, Payton, and Nash (due to an incomplete evaulation)

Franchise RB is somewhere that will be addressed later. However, if Bush falls for some odd reason or the FO likes DeAngelo over the other options when they pick, we could go RB. But it's very likely that both Brown and Henry will be here next year and both will compete in Training camp to see who gets the majority of carries. I think CB has tried to fight through some nagging injuries to stay on the field for the whole season and it's taking away from his game. This guy isn't durable and it shows.

titanicvolfan said:
3. Wide receiver- We have the potential to have the best receiving core in the league if we can get everyone back healthy. This group does not include Tyrone Calico. The drops have to stop.

I agree, but Ty will be here next year and has to prove that he's got what we got a glimpse of in '03 or he's gone.

titanicvolfan said:
5. Tight end- Keep Scaife and Troupe. Kinney is an excellent tight end but youth is served and the dinner table is awful crowded.

Not very bright. Why take a valuable veteran from the Offense who's a key weapon and blocker then replace him with an inconsistant one and an unproven one? Why make an already young team younger and more inexperienced? People seem to be forgetting we're the youngest team in the NFL and we suck - you want to suck again next season? I doubt it.....

I don't believe Tyrone Calico is with us next year. It was the quote by Jeff Fisher..

"Ty (Calico) pulled a hamstring in the ballgame. It was about the time we expected Ty to make a move, but he just can’t seem to stay healthy."

Lack of trust catching AND staying healthy? Gone.

Why would we cut Calico? Not like we save a bunch of money or that we have a bunch of guys to step in (Jones will likely not be 100% at start of season). Calico might get beat out in camp but no way I see him getting cut before then.

I do think any thoughts of dumping Kinney are ridiculous. We would potentially take one of the stronger positions and weaken it.

I think we will have to take a serious look at keeping Henry. Even with the pathetic play of the OL Henry looked acceptable and could be a better long term back than Brown. If we keep him he is signed through 2009. Brown will be a FA after next year so he will stay one more year.

I do see a potential franchise QB coming in this draft either by straight draft pick or trade for Rivers. I'm not sure we can wait until next year. We will get a QB somewhere.

We need another 1st or 2nd round pick on the OL and possibly address another OL in FA.

We will be looking for LBs and Ss in the draft and FA.

#3: Bennett has to stop with the drops also. If he doesn't cut it out, I'm gonna be stuck with a worthless jersey in a year or so.

Ty is still with the Titans next year. Remember, BJones is going to be coming off of an ACL just like Ty, so are people going to be all over him when he isn't healthy either?? Ty was at least blazing before the injury, BJones wasn't exactly a burner prior, Ty will be better.

Keep Kinney too. I wouldn't even expect the ball if I was playing WR with Steve at QB, actually be surprised if one was coming my way.

Jwill1919 said:
Ty is still with the Titans next year. Remember, BJones is going to be coming off of an ACL just like Ty, so are people going to be all over him when he isn't healthy either?? Ty was at least blazing before the injury, BJones wasn't exactly a burner prior, Ty will be better.

Keep Kinney too. I wouldn't even expect the ball if I was playing WR with Steve at QB, actually be surprised if one was coming my way.

But should this hamstring injury be hurting his hands, cus his real problem rite now is he can't catch...

Our skill position players are good enough to be successful on a good team. But this isn't a good team. We need to address the offensive and defensive lines in the draft and free agency. The two things we could hang our hat on a few years ago when we competed for division titles...we could run the ball, and we could stop the run. We can't do either now.

JDee

THE53 said:
But should this hamstring injury be hurting his hands, cus his real problem rite now is he can't catch...

this could be because he is worried about his knee.

Once having knee surgery its more psychological then physical because of the worry of doing it again.

a few more things to consider

considering Chow's TE pass heavy schemes - the more the merrier
(but, the 3 we have a plenty servicable, no need to bring others in)
cutting / trading Kinney will do next to nothing
unless someone wants him bad enough to overpay - then it's business

the 'o6 draft is pretty heavy on the front end for premiere QB's
and the time to make a trade for Philip Rivers is now - regardless of whether or not we actually pull the trigger.
if Jay Cutler is available for some strange reason (meaning outside of our top 5 pick) then we get Cutler. #5 (or 6-8) is a little high to take him. but if we slide back into the late teens, it'll be a good time to take him
Cutler wouldbe the feel good story for the city and a popular pick

RB is a big gamble either way. I still like DeAngelo Williams, but he's bound to be a 20's (or late teen selection)

O-Line needs help. D'Brickashaw around #6 is about right. It's very likely that if we stay there, we'll pick Ferguson

yes, the secondary needs some work. I kinda like LaMont, and i think Tank's season was a fluke. the safeties got hung out this year, but as the corners get better, their jobs will get easier.
Adam and Reynaldo will be mini-studs by '07

LB is a need spot, but with the group available at the time we draft, AJ Hawk probably won't be "the guy". despite having a rough day with Ricky, the run D has (on many occasions) surprisingly shut down some of the best RB's in the league. Yes, we need to bring in some LB depth, but I don't think it'll be AJ (just like I didn't think last year it'd be DJ)

so,....

QB - yes, the time is now to draft / trade for the 'next' (Cutler late is nice)
RB - it's a toss up either way. If Houston drafts Bush, I want Dom Davis
----- not sure we draft one high, unless DeAngelo falls into our laps (2nd)
WR- need some added depth. Ty might not come around. Drew is NOT a #1 but is an excellent #2, too bad BJ took a hit, because he looked like a future #1. the group we come up with last year will be around for awhile . we'll need some draft looks and maybe FA. Wade might stick
OL - D'Brickashaw will be a franchise OL, but will we bite
SAFETY - LaMont better than shown. Tank fluked a year
Corner - need a good solid nickle and depth
Coach - Schwartz at the minimum should be demoted. someone might like him as their HC, but Idon't like him as our DC

Gunny said:
this could be because he is worried about his knee.

Once having knee surgery its more psychological then physical because of the worry of doing it again.

stop it .... stop it right now

all of you (not just Gunny)

Ty's "knee" has nothing to do with his "hands"
I Can see him being ginger about making cuts, but we don't ak him to cut
and a WR need not be planted to make a CATCH
it's his hands that are the problem, not his knees

I say this again

ANY ailment outside of blindness or broken wrists/fingers should have NO effect on a players ability to catch a football

Ty's problems catching the ball are not horse-tackle related

do not let the demonic fool you with words like "obvious"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back