Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Nah, his best stuff was his underground mix-tapes back around 06 and 07. It's hard to keep putting out ill stuff without having it all sound too similar. Weezy took the game to another level, but he is starting to slide slowly.

Woah, your right I actually hate Weezy now that I've heard those..

Actually not, both of those are pretty darn weak when you claim they kill Wayne. LOL

Find yourself some Wayne where it's not scripted, written down and perfected in the studio. Wayne is ill...Haters just aren't with the game. He isn't what he was, but he's still putting out his sh*t because he has earned it. Just because the first songs you hear of Wayne is after his peak doesn't mean soft crap like the ones you posted above gets anywhere near Wayne.

Your case was killing Weezy, not mainstream hiphop. And I wouldn't say it's dead; it may be dieing, but you just posted four youtube videos of stuff you thought was decent (probably thought it was more than decent because it 'killed' Wayne) so it can't be that hard to find decent stuff without 'digging' up Da Drought 3.

You never liked Wayne, okay, you can rest your case on that.

You are right about mainstream hip hop dying. There are are some bright spots. Just turn on your local hip hop radio station and try not to get bored.

Then Pacman up there just linked a track that features Drake? Ouch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UJqtlVZWww&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If you think about it hip hop is not the only form of music suffering these days. Rock, Country ect are all watered down. People just keep eating it up.

If you think about it hip hop is not the only form of music suffering these days. Rock, Country ect are all watered down. People just keep eating it up.

You're right.

This is my niece's boyfriend. He is an intern at ESPN and an amateur MC in NYC. Albert Rhymestein, him and his boy 'BS' make up Dolla Coffe and just released a debut album. This clip is from Spittin' in Da Whip. Rhymestein went to the top of Spittin' in Da Whip's charts for this performance and stayed up there for a while, if he isn't still on top of it he is probably still top 10.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_vVGsBCgFmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All these forms of music at the consumer culture level are prepackaged baloney and I agree "popular" music is in the saddest shape it's ever been in since its inception. The industry broke itself - and they deserved it.
There is still great music happening at the underground level.

Latest posts

Back