Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, that’s why you avoid one year wonders with a high pick. Being consistently productive over a few seasons should be a benchmark.
That doesn't really work for college kids, especially those that play for elite programs. A lot of guys have 1st or 2nd rounders playing in front of them when they are underclassmen at places like Alabama and Ohio State. Add to that the fact that these guys are maturing from boys to men during their college years.

That doesn't really work for college kids, especially those that play for elite programs. A lot of guys have 1st or 2nd rounders playing in front of them when they are underclassmen at places like Alabama and Ohio State. Add to that the fact that these guys are maturing from boys to men during their college years.
It absolutely works for QBs. Without at least 2 years starting experience they almost always fail to thrive. There will be cases you jump the track, but if I have a 2 year starter vs a one year guy, I’m choosing the 2 yr. When JR was hired, he said that sustained production was important to him in choosing a prospect. From a math perspective, with the constant churn of juniors and seniors leaving for the draft each year, the talented guys get their chances to play. A sophomore with quality playing time is better prepared to start the next year. Top guys find a way to get on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back