Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
* Young appears to be struggling, which is to be expected. Although some fans think he is Superman, he is a raw rookie with miles and miles to go. He'll work hard and hopefully get there
* It sounds like the defense is starting to develop some attitude. The thing I hated most about the last two miserable seasons was that the defense stopped being mean
* Of all the guys in camp, I'm pulling for Ahmard Hall the most. The concussion that cost him several days of practice won't help, though
* Lendale White has practiced what, two days out of nine?
* Volek seems to be establishing himself as the legitimate starter, and that can only be good on several fronts. The best thing that can happen is for Volek to stay healthy, do a good job and allow Young to play only in situations when the coaches want to give him some experience
* Pacman seems to be turning into the type of player we (most of us anyway) hoped he would be. Fingers crossed here that he will control his emotions on the field
* Not hearing an awful lot about the right tackle battle. Seems Bell is still the starter and Stewart is showing flashes
* You could put together a pretty fair football team with the guys who are injured and missing practices. Mostly, it seems to be training camp stuff, though, and most teams are going through the same thing. Thankfully, Long is the only serious injury so far
* Finnegan appears to be a good player. Haven't heard much about Lowry. Both should be a factor on special teams, and we haven't been hearing much about what the special teams are doing
* Brown and Henry appear to be doing well, although, "Chris has a groin."
* Even with his future so obviously on the line, Calico just can't seem to get on the field
* Until they put pads on, it's hard to tell anything about the defensive line, which, along with the offensive line, is my biggest concern this season
* All in all, training camp seems to be very much like those in the past except that it's in Clarksville instead of Nashville

Nice summation. I'm also rooting hard for Hall and hoping Finnegan keeps layin the hits down. God that Skins/ Ratbirds scrimmage yesterday made me want to see our guys out on the field against some competion. I hope by the time we do play someone we can get Lendale and a TE or two on the field. That could make it real fun.

I think the biggest observation to me is the fact that this camp is more about football and less about contracts and BS. I really like that the team is away and learning about eachother and just being professional about their job. This reminds me of summer football camp as a youngster, just about learning, getting better and having fun doing what you love.

It's like Fisher watched Remember the Titans, and something finally clicked.

I'd like to see Hall come back from his concussion and just do everything he could to pick up the offense and blocking scheme. I've never been a fan of Fleming, he's too much of a tweener and didn't even make plays in college. He is just another guy who had a great combine and has all the size and speed but cannot stay on the field and doesn't make the plays you need from a fullback, like being there, staying healthy, catching balls when you get thrown to, etc. If we are going to try and get back to power football, we need a fullback who's going to stick his face in a linebacker's chest, I just can't see Fleming being that guy.

I think Ganther is getting himself noticed in a good way (at least, he's impressed me the last couple of days) and will make it harder for a guy like Hall to force them into using a spot on a pure fullback.

Ganther is solidly built, is very quick, does some good things with the ball in his hands, and seems to be a good receiver out of the backfield.

Especially tough for Hall since he was such a late addition (missed all the OTAs, etc.), and now is missing opportunities in camp. He's the kind of guy who might make a good PS player, with an eye towards really competing for a roster spot next year.

Right now, if I were Fleming, I would be looking over my shoulder at Ganther.

Long way to go until final cutdowns, though. Ganther in particular still has a lot to prove in preseason, including on special teams.

Flemming has been really gimpy during the practices that I have seen. It really looks like Ganther has a chance to make this team if he continues to impress.

Jwill1919 said:
I'd like to see Hall come back from his concussion and just do everything he could to pick up the offense and blocking scheme. I've never been a fan of Fleming, he's too much of a tweener and didn't even make plays in college. He is just another guy who had a great combine and has all the size and speed but cannot stay on the field and doesn't make the plays you need from a fullback, like being there, staying healthy, catching balls when you get thrown to, etc. If we are going to try and get back to power football, we need a fullback who's going to stick his face in a linebacker's chest, I just can't see Fleming being that guy.

He made some plays in college. I remember thinking, "this guy isn't used enough". He made some really good plays in 04, which was part of the reason he was disapointing last year. He dropped some easy passes. I also thought he was heavier, which looked to slow him down.

He was never a great blocker, and even though I thought he improved last year, a better blocker would be nice.

But Hall has done even less in college. He's supposed to be a good blocker, but no one seems to have actually seen that. If he's a better blocker, I think I'd like that above what Troy offers.

Who knows about Ganther. I don't think he played FB before. He's a little small. May be more of a Holcombe type (but that's not a great blocking type).

It's going to be an interesting battle in preseason.

In his post-draft interview Ganther mentioned that he took pride in his blocking - it was an overlooked feature of his game. Maybe he was aiming for FB all along.

I'd like to see us keep Brown, Henry, White, Ganther and Hall for RB/FB. Put somebody on the PS, but that's all we need on the final roster. Fleming has never shown enough.

Ganther isn't real big but he is built very well. Short and compact and I thought he had a nice burst. If he can block well enough he might be our best FB because he can do some things when he has the ball in his hands.

On one play he burst through a hole into the secondary and one of the secondary guys laid a hard lick you could hear real well, a loud pop. Thing is Ganther hardly broke stride. They were not doing live tackling, only intitial hits but it looked like Ganther was running with some authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back