Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I blame Downing for that horrendous play call as well.

But I don’t blame him for throwing late to a wide open Julio on the first play or the last play when the TE was wide open underneath.

Downing is far from perfect but we have to stop coddling our QB. He’s paid the like man he needs to be the man.

Notice how OC never matter to great QB’s? How they have great seasons regardless of who calls plays…?
did anyone say T17 was great???

of course not

Our offense regressed because our QB regressed. Hard for me to blame all of that on Downing. Because Tannehill was worse in year 2 with Art as well. This next year will be telling. We also had a lot of injuries on offense and that shouldn’t be overlooked.
I’m sorry Tannehill was worse in year 2 with Art? Didn’t he throw for 30+ TDs and 7 int?

Our offense regressed because our QB regressed. Hard for me to blame all of that on Downing. Because Tannehill was worse in year 2 with Art as well. This next year will be telling. We also had a lot of injuries on offense and that shouldn’t be overlooked.

How was he worse in year 2 with Art?

Completion % (pretty significant drop), TD % (using that due to lack of a full season in 2019), YPA (dropped significantly), QB rating all dropped.

Again this doesn’t mean he had a bad year but it wasn’t as good as the year before. But it’s concerning he’s gotten worse every year. This year was a significant drop in play.

We all agree Tanney is not great but Downing has made it worse. Injuries were awful but it is time to move on from Downing. Due to contract we are stuck with Tanney but not play caller.

Again I just do not think he has a good or decent feel for game. Our window is next year we have to get better or we miss it!

And our OLine was inconsistent. That began last year when Lewan went down. The offense was limited by having to chip our TEs every play. Our OLine depth was poor due to bad draft picks and weak FA pick ups. Perfect storm to start the dominoes falling.

Yes he was worse. That doesn’t mean he had a bad year.
Completion % (pretty significant drop), TD % (using that due to lack of a full season in 2019), YPA (dropped significantly), QB rating all dropped.

Again this doesn’t mean he had a bad year but it wasn’t as good as the year before. But it’s concerning he’s gotten worse every year. This year was a significant drop in play.
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back