Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans2008 said:
It certainly seems that he has less hurdles to jump, but it's far from a foregone conclusion at this point.

now, we're talking

everyone has this dillusion that just because Matt is somewhat familiar with Chow and his playbook that he'll instantly be able to step in and be successful.

I think otherwise

Matt looked shellshocked by Texas in the Rose Bowl
I said it during the game "This is what you can expect from Matt versus NFL defenses" - and I'll stick by that

Titans2008 said:
Now tell me what we should do with that extra cap room that would be a better option than having McNair under center. .

having McNair under center hasn't worked out all that great the last few years. and just by adding David Givens and Mawae won't help much. Losing Hoppy actually negates that.

Free Agency is not over

there'll be plenty of wheeling and dealing after the draft

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Let me sum up this post by saying that if Vince Young is drafted...(which is what will happen no matter how many phone calls Jon Small puts into Floyd Reese...:super::ha::winker:)
Quite honestly, I've stopped caring who the Titans draft at this point. Whoever they pick, I'll root for. And the seemingly endless debating that has been going on for 3 months has long since become tiresome.

Someone just wake me up when they make the selection... :sleepy:

Starkiller said:
And the seemingly endless debating that has been going on for 3 months has long since become tiresome.

Amen... this is the highest the team has drafted since they came to Tennessee, and its by far the least I've ever cared. I think its just overload/overkill at this point.

Puck said:
now, we're talking

everyone has this dillusion that just because Matt is somewhat familiar with Chow and his playbook that he'll instantly be able to step in and be successful.

I think otherwise

Matt looked shellshocked by Texas in the Rose Bowl
I said it during the game "This is what you can expect from Matt versus NFL defenses" - and I'll stick by that

If you call 350 yards and 3 tds "shellshocked", I'd like to see what he could do on a good day. If he'll do that against NFL defenses every week, go ahead and start negotiating the contract.

kastofsna said:
Yeah who would want the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning?
ya know, Manning's team went from 3-13 to 13-3 over his rookie/sophmore years... I'm excited about VY, but I'd be more than fine with ML, even if I think he's got a dent in the fender.

nigel said:
Amen... this is the highest the team has drafted since they came to Tennessee, and its by far the least I've ever cared. I think its just overload/overkill at this point.

concur with SK and Nigel both. I, for one, really don't think there's a BAD pick of any of the top guys. The fact is that all of them have some degree of superior talent. I wasn't sold on either of the first two picks last year ( I was in the Derrick Johnson camp), but you gotta get behind em when they strap on the baby blue...baby :)

theprizdfighter said:
I wouldn't mind taking D'Brick. And I think Omar Jacobs could be there in the third, and if the FO doesn't think so then just take him in the 2nd. I also feel that we could go another year without drafting a QB, but I'd rather take Young or Leinart or Jacobs this year. I think Jacobs is really underrated. He had a down year this past season, but his number his sophomore year were outstanding at Bowling Green. He is similar to McNair and Young. No doubt Young is faster and more athletic, but I think Jacobs could become a perfect mold of McNair. I think Jacobs should have stayed for his senior season.

1: We don't have a 3rd round pick
2: I never liked Omar.
3:We aren't taking brick in the 1st.
4:Why waste a 2nd rounder if we already got a QB in the first?!
5:I say Cutler, O'callaghan, then in the fourth get Greg Blue, or Max Jean-Giles if they are still around.

kastofsna said:
Yeah who would want the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning?

how can u say that he is the best quarter back since peyton manning when it was vince young that lead the nation in % for passes completed, and matt leinhart still had a better supporting cast to help him out and vince still beat him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back