Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exaggerate much? If the Titans had just a middle of the road defense right now they would be a Super Bowl favorite? Tell me I’m wrong.... right now... not 10 years ago not 10 years from now... right now and next season with this offense.

I’ll wait...
if the titans D was middle of the road that would basically make us the bills/packers. Who still aren't superbowl favorites.....so wrong on that account.

Also this offense won't be the same next year as it is this year so wrong on thaat account as well

if the titans D was middle of the road that would basically make us the bills/packers. Who still aren't superbowl favorites.....so wrong on that account.

Also this offense won't be the same next year as it is this year so wrong on thaat account as well

Bill and Packers are most certainly favorites. I don’t know what rock you live under. But the Titans would be heavier favorites because of the running game,

As far as next year I’m not sure why you think the offense won’t be the same. I would love to hear what you thoughts are.

Either way... you can’t tell me I’m wrong, You have an opinion on next years offense. I am not even sure what your position is. Are Tannehill, Henry and Brown retiring? Or are you saying we will be better?

As far as SB favorites the Bills and Packers.... on that issue you are dead wrong. The Packers are the favorite from the NFC and the Bills are listed behind only the Chiefs and Packers. So .. you are really wrong.

Are you drunk? Valid question.

The big question for us is what do we do with this dismal defense? Who is going to be our DC, can we fix the pass rush?

If we can’t at least get a middle road decent defense then we can lose to anyone one of these teams at any time.Thanks to an elite offense we can also beat most teams, in spite a crappy defense.

But as we saw against GB, top tier teams can manhandle us, especially once the get a lead.

The big question for us is what do we do with this dismal defense? Who is going to be our DC, can we fix the pass rush?

If we can’t at least get a middle road decent defense then we can lose to anyone one of these teams at any time.Thanks to an elite offense we can also beat most teams, in spite a crappy defense.

But as we saw against GB, top tier teams can manhandle us, especially once the get a lead.
Sure they can man handle us if we playing in an environment that is way more suited for them
Than us...

How do we fix this defense with 6 mil cap space without affecting the offense. The decrease in cap is gonna really hit us this year unless we can ace the draft and get like 4 starters.

Sure they can man handle us if we playing in an environment that is way more suited for them
Than us...
Problem is that this defense had been manhandled in a wide array of environments this year. They’ve struggled even against crappy teams. I’m hoping we catch on fire and the defense finally clicks and we make a deep run. But not holding my breath.

How do we fix this defense with 6 mil cap space without affecting the offense. The decrease in cap is gonna really hit us this year unless we can ace the draft and get like 4 starters.

I don’t know .. but I have faith they can restructure a few guys and make room to do what we need to do.

Trade Lewan? Do we consider that?

I don’t know .. but I have faith they can restructure a few guys and make room to do what we need to do.

Trade Lewan? Do we consider that?
Hell no. Cut butler and save 10 mil. I get our oline has been good for Henry but when it comes to the blind side of the qb you want the best you can get.

Chiefs, Rams and Steelers are all well over the cap going into next season so they might not be the same squads. I’m going with 11 wins for the Titans.

A Look at the 2021 Opponents for the Tennessee Titans

Home
  • Buffalo Bills (13-3)
  • Miami Dolphins (10-6)
  • Arizona Cardinals (8-8)
  • San Francisco 49ers (6-10)
  • Kansas City Chiefs (14-2)
  • Houston Texans (4-12)
  • Indianapolis Colts (11-5)
  • Jacksonville Jaguars (1-15)
Away
  • New England Patriots (7-9)
  • New York Jets (2-14)
  • Los Angeles Rams (10-6)
  • Seattle Seahawks (12-4)
  • Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)
  • Houston Texans (4-12)
  • Indianapolis Colts (11-5)
  • Jacksonville Jaguars (1-15)
The 17th game, if it happens, is supposed to be an extra interconference matchup which means facing a first place team from the NFC. I don't understand how the NFL can give some teams 9 home games but we'll see how it works out.

And what is the penalty for that?

Should be no playoffs period. If you break the cap by that much, there should be no rewards at all, period.

a 99mil fine, forfeit every game.
They're not currently over the cap, that is basically at the start of next season (a couple weeks after the SB).
Their penalty will be to cut 10 players or restructure contracts to get back under the cap number.

They're not currently over the cap, that is basically at the start of next season (a couple weeks after the SB).
Their penalty will be to cut 10 players or restructure contracts to get back under the cap number.

They pretty much have to let Brees walk don't they? Shame to see it end like that. Will be interesting to watch what they do.

They pretty much have to let Brees walk don't they? Shame to see it end like that. Will be interesting to watch what they do.
I think that's an easy one to pick. I mean Brees is like 100 (even if still effective) but they've invested a lot of time into Hill and I won't forget that they still have Winston sitting there. Dude had 5K and 30 TD (despite the INT), he is worth a shot with some of those NO weapons.

Drew brees retiring would be a somewhat decent chunk of that I'd imagine

Hell no. Cut butler and save 10 mil. I get our oline has been good for Henry but when it comes to the blind side of the qb you want the best you can get.
I'm with you. Lewan isnt going anywhere. I think we are likely to see Corey and Jonnu gone. And a 3rd round WR becoming our WR2, so a definite dip for our offense.
Cutting Butler makes sense if they feel good about Fulton. King is a free agent, so that would leave us pretty bare at CB. But 10m cap space would certainly help.

I'm with you. Lewan isnt going anywhere. I think we are likely to see Corey and Jonnu gone. And a 3rd round WR becoming our WR2, so a definite dip for our offense.
Cutting Butler makes sense if they feel good about Fulton. King is a free agent, so that would leave us pretty bare at CB. But 10m cap space would certainly help.
Fulton has done absolutely nothing this year for anybody to feel good about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back