Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
As we near the end of the season and take a look at players that have been productive members of this team, it’s interesting to take a look at the impending free agents and think about who we should re-sign. While it’s obvious players like Cunningham, Woods, Lewan and Dupree will likely be cut, there are several players deserving of a new contract. Let’s take a look at who might be worth bringing back.

Top Offensive Free Agents
Nate Davis
Austin Hooper
Dontrell Hilliard
Aaron Brewer
Nick Westbrook Ikinhe
Corey Levin

Top Defensive Free Agents
David Long Jr
Demarcus Walker
Teair Tart
Andrew Adams
Mario Edwards
Naquan Jones
Lonnie Johnson
Dylan Cole

IMO, the key guys to resign here are Davis, Hilliard, Levin, Hooper, Tart, Walker, Long Jr ( if the price is reasonable), Cole (for ST) and possibly NWI.
Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
everyone of those can kick rocks except LONG, TART, and DAVIS. You can find another cole in the 6th or 7th round - since we'll finally be making a pick there since JROB isn't around anymore.......

everyone of those can kick rocks except LONG, TART, and DAVIS. You can find another cole in the 6th or 7th round - since we'll finally be making a pick there since JROB isn't around anymore.......
I would argue that Hilliard has proven to be the Henry complimentary back we’ve been looking for for years. He’s been excellent out of the backfield and is far more explosive than Haskins.
Hooper has been solid and would be an affordable TE compliment to Chig. Swaim is also a FA so Chig will be the only TE on the roster after this year.
Cole has proven himself on ST over the years and will cost nothing to keep.
Levin is a viable long term replacement for Ben Jones

I would argue that Hilliard has proven to be the Henry complimentary back we’ve been looking for for years. He’s been excellent out of the backfield and is far more explosive than Haskins.
Hooper has been solid and would be an affordable TE compliment to Chig. Swaim is also a FA so Chig will be the only TE on the roster after this year.
I have to agree on Cole. Dude has paid his dues and performed really well. Worthy of a Special Teams contract.

Id take Davis back if we can get him for league minimum and pair him with a new o-line coach to see if he can be developed by a real coach instead of that bum Keith Carter.

Id take Davis back if we can get him for league minimum and pair him with a new o-line coach to see if he can be developed by a real coach instead of that bum Keith Carter.
Spotrac has his market value at 3 yrs/ $22 mil or 7.4m annually on par with what the Bengals gave Alex Cappa for similar production, stats and grades. I’d be fine with that.

Spotrac has his market value at 3 yrs/ $22 mil or 7.4m annually on par with what the Bengals gave Alex Cappa for similar production, stats and grades. I’d be fine with that.
True, but I personally believe his stats are helped because he isnt the weakest link on the line. Defenses are going to be targeting the other bums they can run right past over Davis.

Def have to re-sign Nate Davis (he may be the best one along the line at this point) and for stability purposes.

Levin for depth is fine. Levin is a lot better than Daley (yeah not saying much I know) and some of the others on the depth chart - fine with him being a rotational guy.

Long + Walker combo can replace Dupree next year.

Tart for sure as well to clog up the middle.

Edwards as depth sure - he had that big game on primetime

We have to streamline out defense contracts. Reason why our offence sucks is they spent a LOT of money on the defense and neglected the offence.

Def have to re-sign Nate Davis (he may be the best one along the line at this point) and for stability purposes.

Levin for depth is fine. Levin is a lot better than Daley (yeah not saying much I know) and some of the others on the depth chart - fine with him being a rotational guy.

Long + Walker combo can replace Dupree next year.

Tart for sure as well to clog up the middle.

Edwards as depth sure - he had that big game on primetime
Tart and Brewer are Restricted Free Agents meaning we can match other peoples offers. Will make it easier to resign them if we so choose.

I have not noticed Hilliard actually playing... just sayin'

Tart and Brewer are Restricted Free Agents meaning we can match other peoples offers. Will make it easier to resign them if we so choose.

Brewer is just so damn small for a NFL offensive linemen though. Yah he can run block but I mean I guess as a back up guard and or center in a rotation still - but I’m assuming he’s the smallest linemen in the entire NFL.

Not worried about who we keep as much as who we cut. And from K to wr to T to Dupree it time to move on and get players that play, not stay in training room or IR

Brewer is just so damn small for a NFL offensive linemen though. Yah he can run block but I mean I guess as a back up guard and or center in a rotation still - but I’m assuming he’s the smallest linemen in the entire NFL.
Brewer is a viable backup. Period. He has no place starting on the offensive line. Find a new position to play.

As we near the end of the season and take a look at players that have been productive members of this team, it’s interesting to take a look at the impending free agents and think about who we should re-sign. While it’s obvious players like Cunningham, Woods, Lewan and Dupree will likely be cut, there are several players deserving of a new contract. Let’s take a look at who might be worth bringing back.

Nate Davis
Austin Hooper
Dontrell Hilliard
Aaron Brewer
Nick Westbrook Ikinhe
Corey Levin

David Long Jr
Demarcus Walker
Teair Tart
Andrew Adams
Mario Edwards
Naquan Jones
Lonnie Johnson
Dylan Cole

IMO, the key guys to resign here are Davis, Hilliard, Levin, Hooper, Tart, Walker, Long Jr ( if the price is reasonable), Cole (for ST) and possibly NWI.
Thoughts?
I like your list.

we know the roster needs a lot of work and all the fixes can’t be made in 1 year and that in life’s depth.

pretty sure most of those guys are going to be reasonably cheap to keep although a couple could be surprising expensive in Davis (only decent OL outside Jones), Tart (the rest of the league also has seen his talents), and long Jr (full advantage of outperforming the other LB).

Nate Davis
Austin Hooper
Dontrell Hilliard
Aaron Brewer
Nick Westbrook Ikinhe
Corey Levin

David Long Jr
Demarcus Walker
Teair Tart
Andrew Adams
Mario Edwards
Naquan Jones
Lonnie Johnson
Dylan Cole

Thoughts?
Davis
Long
Tart

I think are the three we most need to bring back. None are worth breaking the bank for I don't think, but for a reasonable cost they're quite important.

Hilliard
Nwi
Walker

For cheap I'd like these guys back, if not they should be replaced quite easily.

The rest can probably beat it, unless they're coming back on vet mins.

I like your list.

we know the roster needs a lot of work and all the fixes can’t be made in 1 year and that in life’s depth.

pretty sure most of those guys are going to be reasonably cheap to keep although a couple could be surprising expensive in Davis (only decent OL outside Jones), Tart (the rest of the league also has seen his talents), and long Jr (full advantage of outperforming the other LB).
I think jones is probably retiring at the end of this season. Which makes bringing Davis back even more crucial imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back