Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Great game on all phases, defense and offense. LaFluer with some great calls and Peas making Dak look like what he is, crap. Can Butler ever figure it out? He keeps giving up TDs and getting embarrassed weekly.

Best reaction was when the showed Jerry Jones after MM8 ran for that 9 yard TD, Jones looked like he was going to lose it! MM8 looked good, methodical and converted lots of 3rd downs.

Been at work so couldn't really follow along on here.

Hell of a game by our defense (minus Butler). Linebackers really saved the day.

Why in the hell do we have to start games like we do??? I honestly don't know how to fix that. doesn't matter what coach, what qb, what system we have... We start games like we just picked up a football for the first time!!

Hell of a come back though. Byard is a manchild. Can't wait to see what we can do when Butler either gets the boot or remembers how to play CB.

We put our self in a hole losing three straight. But, we have to ability to finish this season strong. Titan Up Boys and Girls!

I saw a tweet saying conk went in for concussions evaluation so maybe explains his play? But did you noticed how much better the line was when kelly replaced him. That throw to Batson was spot on!

Lots of painful mistakes first half. Seems like Vrabel is a third down whisperer though; conversion plays were worth the time outs to run them.

I wish second half MM8 was available for all four quarters. Cajun Titan voiced my frustrations above already; this is just never a first quarter team.

"Manchild" or not, I love Byard. Jerry Jones is a bigger manchild, so I'm sure we'll hear lots of whining about Byard's StarStrut. It was fun watching Sad Jerry.

"Manchild" or not, I love Byard. Jerry Jones is a bigger manchild, so I'm sure we'll hear lots of whining about Byard's StarStrut. It was fun watching Sad Jerry.

ManChild in the best sense possible! Need that on our defense. F that star!

Team showed a ton of guts, pulling this one off. They looked like a high school team the first 10 minutes, then turned it up and actually looked good. Butler has got to play nickelback only from now on, adore and ryan should always be our outside 2.

So, has Henry lost his starting job after last night?
Lewis looked much better throughout. I don't know if that had to do with the particular Dallas D or if Henry is just worse but the latter appears to be the case. Lewis will likely be the bread winner by year's end.

@JCBRAVE, pretty sure you called that and I argued that Henry would have more carries (not necessarily touches) by the end of the year. Seems I was wrong.

Noting better than watching Cowgirl fans in mourning...lol

And finally a statement game where we took control and kept it without turning it into a nail biter at the end. If this team shows up the rest of the season we will surprise some people.

So, has Henry lost his starting job after last night?
Seems like it. I know I'll get hammered for this, but I really don't believe Vrabel gave him a fair shake. He averaged 4.5 YPC last night and only got 6 carries. Lewis had 19 carries with a 3.3 avg. Henry had averaged less than 10 carries per game since he was drafted. I understand Vrabel didn't draft him and thats fine. I hope he does the decent thing and trades him in the off season. Overall great win and performance from MM. He really recovered nicely from those turnovers. Hopefully we can sustain this and make a playoff run. 3

Putting aside the disastrous first quarter that was quietly impressive all over the field. Particularly happy that Henry did well with his touches, Smith scored which should help his confidence and Mariota trusted Jennings / Batson on key third and longs and both made big plays.

Seems like it. I know I'll get hammered for this, but I really don't believe Vrabel gave him a fair shake. He averaged 4.5 YPC last night and only got 6 carries. Lewis had 19 carries with a 3.3 avg. Henry had averaged less than 10 carries per game since he was drafted. I understand Vrabel didn't draft him and thats fine. I hope he does the decent thing and trades him in the off season. Overall great win and performance from MM. He really recovered nicely from those turnovers. Hopefully we can sustain this and make a playoff run. 3
I'm with you on this one, still think we've used him wrongly. I'm glad we didn't trade him as we have killed his value and still think he is a dangerous weapon for us. Nice to see him use his size and run hard for that TD. Neither back had any success up the middle though other than 1 lewis carry where he slipped between Lewan and Spain through a tiny hole. That's still the main issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back