Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think they are still going to be good? Based on what ? They weren’t good last year with Brady. I’d like to hear what you think. Unless you think they are headed for the top pick. I think they could be that bad. 2 or 3 wins bad.
My prediction...

Whoever takes over at QB will be successful in Belichick's system at the beginning of the season and the "experts" will proclaim all is well... then reality will set in and it will become evident that it wasn't just the system, but Brady.

Perfect combo... Belichick's system and Tom Brady. Separate, they are only pretty decent.

Jimmy G looked like a stud in the Patriots system. I don’t doubt any QB can be successful in NE[/QUOTE

No one but Brady has looked like a stud in that system. What you remember from Jimmy G was an extremely small sample. Matt Casell had a good year a looong time ago. The truth is the Patriots don’t have any talent on offense and that’s the biggest reason Brady left. Belichick has finally out smarted himself. He got arrogant and truly believes it’s all him. This isn’t a systems league. You either have the talent or you don’t.

The Pats are all about the compensatory picks. Watch them collect three 3rds and 4ths for Brady, Van Noy and Collins and then load up after the draft. My guess is they sign Cam the next day and start bringing in some weapons like Delanie and Taylor Gabriel to fill out the offensive set. Pats gonna Pat.

You think they are still going to be good? Based on what ? They weren’t good last year with Brady. I’d like to hear what you think. Unless you think they are headed for the top pick. I think they could be that bad. 2 or 3 wins bad.
Idk if my pic worked but it was tlawrence in a pats jersey. There's viable qb's available as we speak, but the pats are rolling with burger flippers. Looks like they'll bottom out, get Lawrence and run the league again.

Idk if my pic worked but it was tlawrence in a pats jersey. There's viable qb's available as we speak, but the pats are rolling with burger flippers. Looks like they'll bottom out, get Lawrence and run the league again.

Their defense is way too good to contend for Lawrence. Hell, they went 12-4 last year with a pretty poor offense.

And their division still sucks.

No way in hell Belicheat finishes 2-14...his ego won't let the world think losing Brady hurts that franchise. He'll find talent in the later rounds, sign someone like Cam and continue to compete

The Patriots will be hard pressed to win 8 games. They have a very tough schedule. Kansas city, Baltimore, Buffalo twice, Rams, Seattle, Houston....they will probably be around the 9 to 8 games range.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Patriots will be hard pressed to win 8 games. They have a very tough schedule. Kansas city, Baltimore, Buffalo twice, Rams, Seattle, Houston....they will probably be around the 9 to 8 games range.
I'll give them a winning record, but... the once solid franchise will show cracks.

I'll give them a winning record, but... the once solid franchise will show cracks.
I'm sure they will show cracks....also that ball control game dominating the clock is over. Brady was the master and main reason behind that. Lets see what their lackluster offense does this year....their defense will be on the field for long periods in the game. I see Buffalo spanking them twice...and a beatdown from KC/Baltimore. They have some tough games in there/ Denver/San Diego....Miami will not be pushovers either.

I'm sure they will show cracks....also that ball control game dominating the clock is over. Brady was the master and main reason behind that. Lets see what their lackluster offense does this year....their defense will be on the field for long periods in the game. I see Buffalo spanking them twice...and a beatdown from KC/Baltimore. They have some tough games in there/ Denver/San Diego....Miami will not be pushovers either.
The next season or 2 will show this:

Belichick's system needs Brady and Brady needs Belichick's system.

That move also bit him in the ass against the eagles on the super bowl.

I really hope the pats just suck for years now. Not that good 1-15 suck that gets you a shot at a franchise QB... They need a decade of 6 win teams.
Agreed. My best friend is a Pats fan. I've been saying forever that I can't wait for Brady to retire and the Pats to be trash. Him going elsewhere is just as good. I'd love them to waste in mediocrity. Sadly, I could totally see Billcheck tank and fall ass backwards into the next great QB.

Agreed. My best friend is a Pats fan. I've been saying forever that I can't wait for Brady to retire and the Pats to be trash. Him going elsewhere is just as good. I'd love them to waste in mediocrity. Sadly, I could totally see Billcheck tank and fall ass backwards into the next great QB.
I doubt it would be the same... it will seem that way at first, but longterm it will fall apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back