Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry about the same. Oh well, will just have to wait. It'd be nice if they could make an announcement while I'm listening to Sirius today.

PaCmAn 4 MvP32 said:
KVB though neared a hundred tackles and should have been comeback player of the year

He's only near a hundred tackles if you use really generous rounding princicples (he had 40 solo and 25 assists). And I dont think you can argue with Bruschi getting Comeback honors. Knee surgeries vs stroke? No contest. I cant believe Bruschi had to share it with Steve Smith.

I will be very interested to see how this deal is structured. I doubt that the 15mil is all a SB. The top name DEs from last yr had guaranteed money in the 8-10mil range with total deals of 20-25mil over 5 yrs. I bet the contract uses roster bonuses and guaranteed base salaries.

IMO KVB is a lot less risk than Kearse was and alot of fans were very upset we let Kearse go. Kearse was signed to a much higher contract and didn't seem to have fully recover from his previous injuries. His production was decreasing. KVB on the other hand seems to have recovered totally from his previous knee injuries. KVB is actually a more complete player because he is solid against the run as well as a solid pass rusher. Also his work ethic and high motor are good for the rest of the team.

My hope is that VB can come back and put up similar numbers next year. Hopefully our corners will get a little better and with the pressure be able to get some picks. We will be strong at DE, CB, OLB, and DL. I just hope we can make some improvment at MLB, and saftey with the draft and FAs so if nothing else, we will have a solid D next season. We just need that Key LB to be able to make offenses struggle a little.

My hope is that VB can come back and put up similar numbers next year. Hopefully our corners will get a little better and with the pressure be able to get some picks. We will be strong at DE, CB, OLB, and DL. I just hope we can make some improvment at MLB, and saftey with the draft and FAs so if nothing else, we will have a solid D next season. We just need that Key LB to be able to make offenses struggle a little.

Agreed, we need depth at safety and getting a quality MLB will be a priortity when we our 2nd round pick

I'm really glad they got this worked out. I like KVB for a lot of reasons. Besides the advantage he gave us on the field, it's really helpful to have a guy with his work ethic in the locker room and on the practice field. I like his loyalty, and that he's setting down some roots here that will make it more likely for him to want to be a part of our community for the rest of his career.

KVB could give us 6 sacks next year and I'd still be happy. He has the work ethic on EVERY SINGLE SNAP. That's something that will hopefully rub off on players. That no matter of skill, if you give 110% every snap - you can do great things in this league.

I don't get to go to a lot of Titans games living in Evansville, so I thought I would put in some ideas for chants now that we got KVB for a few years. So, how about either K-V-B or Van-den-Bosch when he gets a sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back