Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is laughable.

Among many other things, Mike Vrabel punting at the Ravens' 40-yard line in the playoffs is exactly the kind of incorrect decision that happens when you are clueless about analytics.
Not that it changes the Titans not using on but is there such a thing as a good and bad analytics staffer?

Seems like a bunch of people that do the same math formulas for their team.

Emily Kuehler is a Data Scientist for the Denver Broncos.

Can you explain her role and how she helps the Broncos?

I can name many more people on that list that's irrelevant to their team success.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrabel doesn’t have time to read all our hindsight opinions. I’m sure when he reads the rage page after the games, he agrees though.
Yes, we can’t underestimate our ability to impact the roster. Or games for that matter, for who among us is willing to forsake their lucky shirt and simply trust the skill of players and coaches.

I w
Emily Kuehler is a Data Scientist for the Denver Broncos.

Can you explain her role and how she helps the Broncos?

I can name many more people on that list that's irrelevant to their team success.

I would imagine that at the very least, data science is useful in scouting & live game decisions like when to punt, what plays to run in certain situations, etc.

I think there are probably other uses as well that don't necessarily impact the field of play but help with things like ticket sales, staffing, general operational efficiency, financial forecasts, etc.

I don't imagine that anyone is advocating for becoming a team that makes 100% of its decisions off of analytics but it definitely seems like we should be utilizing it in some capacity.

I w

I would imagine that at the very least, data science is useful in scouting & live game decisions like when to punt, what plays to run in certain situations, etc.

I think there are probably other uses as well that don't necessarily impact the field of play but help with things like ticket sales, staffing, general operational efficiency, financial forecasts, etc.

I don't imagine that anyone is advocating for becoming a team that makes 100% of its decisions off of analytics but it definitely seems like we should be utilizing it in some capacity.

How do you know we aren’t? Pretty bold to assume that just because we don’t have a “department” doesn’t mean we use it.

Jrob and Vrabel both specifically talk about their use of analytics and looking at that data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back