Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read through this thread. I just jumped on to say we lost this game because of coaching. On the 4th down attempt in the 4th quarter, I was saying out loud, take the 3 points... take the 3 points... take the 3 points. What happened, we trot out the offense. Fine. Vrabel, you have confidence in your offense, ok, I'll ride along. But then what's the play call on 4th and 1? A goal line dive with Henry? No. A "tush push" that's been extremely effective across the league and we have a mobile QB? No. Henry out of Wildcat that works every time? No. Some sort of bootleg with Tanny where he was the option to pass or run? No.

How about a HB counter out of shotgun?? Genius! We can blame (insert any) OC, but Vrabel still approves the playbook. He sees the plays in practice. He hears the play call during games. In his first press conference as coach, he said he has final say in whatever play the offense runs. So it's your fault dude!

Running Henry out of shotgun is ALMOST as stupid all the tosses we run with him. Get under center and give him the ball when he already has some momentum. Not when he's flatfooted and changing directions. I literally said this last week, and yet here we are again. Asinine.

If that's a 1 point game in the 4th, the Colts aren't as comfortable killing all the clock. They also don't have a full 95 yards to go. We could technically give up a TD and put the ball back in our hands down by 8. Stupid coaching x 2.
Excellent post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back