Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not that bad. I'd pay him around $7. Less than $10m for a 5th year option, I can live with though. Gives you more flexibility since you can still sign him for to a longer deal before the 5th year starts.

He clearly regressed last year but so did the entire defense. His bonehead penalties were worse than his play. He still has upside. In 2019 he showed flashes of a top 10 player.

I can see this going both ways. Not picking up the option is probably the more logical choice but I can see this being another Jack Conklin situation. Oh well.
Bit different, Evans hasnt sniffed pro bowl/ all pro level play.

This was a fairly easy choice for us to make.

I do remember Evans making a couple epic goal line stands for us last year. He's not the fastest but he can hit. I would like to keep jayon and brown together if the price was right. If it ain't broke don't fix it (if you can pay for it).

I'm pretty confident that will happen.

Bit different, Evans hasnt sniffed pro bowl/ all pro level play.

This was a fairly easy choice for us to make.
I don't necessarily disagree with the choice but I don't agree with your assessment. I think we forget how well he played in 2019. I'm not saying he deserved to be a pro-bowler, he didn't, but I think we can say he "sniffed" it. Definably going in the right direction.

111 tackles, 9 for a loss, 2.5 sacks, 7 hurries, 2QB knockdowns, and... no ejections

He added another 18 tackles and 3 TFL in the playoffs

He did struggle in coverage and with missed tackles. I must say... I am very surprised to see that he actually improved in both categories this season. He went from 17 missed tackles (13.3%) in 2019 to just 3 (3%) in 2020. That's crazy good. He went from giving up 112.5 passer rating to 87.1 with 5 PBUs. Decent.

I think the loss of Tyron McKenzie and Dean Pees played a large role in Evans, Brown, and Long not playing on the same page. Again, the whole D was off.

All this to say, I'd be fine with paying him $9.75 for the 5th year option, but I'm also fine declining it.

It's clear jrob sucksss at scouting. He likes to draft guys that are out of the league in a year

I can think of one so far that was out of the league in a year. All but one of his first round picks are starters in the league still. And a large number of his later round picks have hit. JRob can definitely find talent.

Idk why Evans is pegged as just an ilb. I really like the way long has played, now we bring in rice (obviously the titans love him), let Evans do a little olb/pass rushing. Use him in different ways and see if it works out. He was moved around a lot at Alabama and we should try it out imo. We have a good Ilb in brown, 2 "good" guys outside of Evans that can play Ilb, try something different!

I'm excited about these additions on d. This is going to be a very different team this year. Everybody put a little bread on the titans.

Idk why Evans is pegged as just an ilb. I really like the way long has played, now we bring in rice (obviously the titans love him), let Evans do a little olb/pass rushing. Use him in different ways and see if it works out. He was moved around a lot at Alabama and we should try it out imo. We have a good Ilb in brown, 2 "good" guys outside of Evans that can play Ilb, try something different!

I'm excited about these additions on d. This is going to be a very different team this year. Everybody put a little bread on the titans.

The drafting of Rice means this may very well be the plan.

But, and someone should be able to explain this to me - my summary of Evans is that he;

- Is strong stuffing the run by shooting a hole up the middle
- Is rubbish in coverage
- Is good at goal line stops

What about the above suggests he might be a half decent pass rusher?

But, and someone should be able to explain this to me - my summary of Evans is that he;

- Is rubbish in coverage

It is a mystery to me why Evans isn't a better blitzer because as you say he can time up the snap and shoot the gaps better than anyone in short yardage situations.

- Is rubbish in coverage

He did it in college but we used Evans as a pass rusher last year. I’m not sure why people keep forgetting that. It wasn’t a huge sample but he definitely was on the edge rushing the passer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back