Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans currently have 9 offensive coaches/assistants.

Philly has 11

Patriots 10

Chiefs 10

So while it may seem odd in the land of us fans, it's not uncommon in the NFL.

I didn't fact check because screw checking all 32 teams, but I read we were actually way below the average when compared to the rest of the NFL
Curious on this - is there a limit on how many coaches a team can have? Like, could they have one coach per player if they wanted to?

This could mean a move towards more analytics or he could be a new money man. Brinker is supposedly a salary cap guru with an executive MBA from Northwestern.

Sidenote: JRob never had an assistant GM.
With this and all the newly discovered (/made up) "coaching" positions, it sounds like we're really milking Ms. Amy for salary dollars. Kuddos to the owner for playing ball. You can tell she really is invested in delivering a championship franchise.

...now lets just hope the troops she hired are worth it. WTF is a "run game analyst"?! (eye roll)

Philly has 11

Patriots 10

Chiefs 10

I didn't fact check because screw checking all 32 teams, but I read we were actually way below the average when compared to the rest of the NFL
Good work. I'd be curious to know how many are coordinator and now "analysts" versus just assistants or entry level quality control guys.

Curious on this - is there a limit on how many coaches a team can have? Like, could they have one coach per player if they wanted to?

Take what I say with a grain of salt but with a 5 team search, once teams ran out of titles, they had people named "offensive assistant" or "defensive assistant"

They could probaby have one OC and 5
200 "assistants" if they wanted to

Philly has 11

Patriots 10

Chiefs 10

I remember hearing of a couple of teams with assistant GMs. Our current GM was an assistant GM.

Also, the trend does seem to be having a million different staff members with made up titles.

I wonder if the NFL as a whole has a set of titles the team can hire people for. Or can they hire someone and just give them a title like "guy who mixes the Gatorade/assistant coordinator of long snapping and punt protection".

I remember hearing of a couple of teams with assistant GMs. Our current GM was an assistant GM.

Also, the trend does seem to be having a million different staff members with made up titles.

I wonder if the NFL as a whole has a set of titles the team can hire people for. Or can they hire someone and just give them a title like "guy who mixes the Gatorade/assistant coordinator of long snapping and punt protection".
Most teams need to hire someone to implement common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back