Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: As rumors swirled concerning his contract situation, QB Steve McNair just wanted to know where he stood. The Titans let him know on Friday evening, informing him that he would be released. The move will save the Titans $10 million in salary cap space for the upcoming season, but leave the team without their best-known player as well as a fan favorite. “It’s definitely a bitter pill to swallow, but we feel it’s best for Steve as well as the organization,” said General Manager Floyd Reese. “We felt that his salary was just too much for us to pay, and they wouldn’t come off their contract demands,” Reese said. The move serves as further evidence that the team plans to select a new franchise quarterback with the 3rd overall pick in the upcoming draft. "Steve is glad to finally know where he stands, even if he’s disappointed in the decision," Agent Bus Cook said. “We’ll start talking to teams as soon as we can to see where the best fit is for Steve.”

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Don't go April fools just yet...

If this is a joke, I'm not laughing...

I don't want Steve to go. I want him to get real and settle on a two-year deal with a one year option/extention that has a cap impact half of what it is now... If he can't do that then...
baltimore-ravens.jpg
oakland-raiders.jpg

Why all of this before the draft?
That makes no sense to me.

I didn't want to make it too obvious, like "McNair traded to Texans for #1 overall pick" or "Billy Volek arrested for plot to kill McNair" or something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back