Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
sbrlz2787 said:
yea, i hope they stick him on special teams, fleming is young and getting better every game he plays

hall was a texas longhorn but his only claims to fame there were a 1-yard TD run and catching 3 passes for 45 yards. :winker:

Nice stats! :winker: Of course his real claim to fame was smashing into linebackers. They need stats on that!

Don't have a profile, but he served as a marine for 4 years so he's older than most rookies. He fought in Kosovo and Afghanistan. Once out of the marines, he walked onto the team at Texas before eventually earning a scholarship and serving as Texas' starting FB last season. Texas didn't use a FB all that much last season since they primarily used a 1 back spread/shotgun offense. But he was in as the lead blocker on all the short yardage plays. Married, has kids, never gets into trouble, works hard, very mature. The perfect type of guy to take a chance on as a free agent signing.

Great kid that deserves a chance but more than that he had an excellent performance at Texas pro day. If we really are going to run the football this kid may make it if not its worth the gamble and Im glad that the Titans are giving this kid a chance. From what I read he could have signed with several other teams but thought the Titans were the best opportunity for him. As I remember no one gave Drew much of a chance when he was signed as a FA.

How do players that sign with the titans and get cut b4 the season factor into the salary cap? For instance if we cut Nash or Gather will their salary cut against the cap?

For one, why sign him... well why not, like was said, it cost them absolutely nothing.

He had a very impressive pro day workout especially considering he was completly off the radar screens for any team to even consider. He had next to no stats not because of any great flaw but largely because the predominate set that Texas ran last year (and the year prior) didn't feature a fullback in any way. It's really quite a shame because those few times that he was utilized (like his roll out TD pass against A&M), he performed very well. Texas ran a power set only on short yardage and with Hall leading out 270lb RB Melton, they almost never failed to pick up the first down. His contributions on Special teams and his leadership amoung his teammates make him worth a look regardless.

I would really doubt that Vince lobbied for this in anyway cause I'm not sure they were that close but Vince has said repeatedly that everyone looked up to Ahmard with respect, both for what he did on the field and off.

Hope he makes it, it's rough being a fullback nowadays.

Titansfan10 said:
Fleming is a pretty decent blocker, sure hes not lorenzo neal but hes better,good enough to had made holcomb expendable...
When it comes to FB, I pray that the Titans definition of "good enough" blocker no longer includes "gets in peoples way".

I thought Troy's blocking was decent last year, and an improvement. It's the other things that he needs to do well with though....like catch the ball so he can use his run skills. He did look a little bigger, and slower to me last year.

This guy put up some good workout #'s, let's hope his play matches so he can put up a good roster spot fight.

Maybe the Front Office just signed him to police the locker room???

Just kidding, but seriously, I haven't been too impressed with Fleming as a blocker and we all know about the big drops he tends to have. I would love to see this guy play the same role as LoNeal did, just maul people, and be unselfish. This would be a big void to fill as we have never had anyone who ever wore a jock as big as LoNeal's, but with our young OLine and our newfound emphasis on the running game, I think this might be a step in the right direction to at least explore the PowerBack who doesn't need any touches but just wants to crush people......damn that makes my hair stand up! Fleming's durability also concerns me, the one guy who should never be hurt, or at least announce it is the fullback, but he did go to Tennesseee, so what can you really expect.

You know what I love? That he turned down offers from Green Bay, Minnesota, the Giants AND the SEAHAWKS! to come play for Tennessee. I would do the same thing. :thumb:

bigtitan53279 said:
they have william henderson

jim kleinseser

jim finn, although they dont use the FB much

mack strong

troy felming

he just went where he had the best chance to stick on the roster.

Hey good job guy on sticking it to a fellow fan. :sad2:

You know what? Your right. We should admit it. Nashville is a po-dunk pathetic excuse for a city to play in, the Titan organization is the worst in the league, bar none, the potential on this roster is worse than an XFL squad and, of course, lets not forget the heartless loser Fans!

I'll tell you what. When pigs fly through a frozen hell I'll agree with you on these points. Until then, I, as a dedicated fan, will continue to believe there was more to his decision to come play with us. Ya smell me.:kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back