Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that’s an over simplification of what I’m saying but when you’ve practice one thing for so long, many movements are muscle memory. As you said, does he have the time to change habits and learn new ones and to an NFL effective level.

I just doubt holding penalties are his biggest issue.

H
I think that’s an over simplification of what I’m saying but when you’ve practice one thing for so long, many movements are muscle memory. As you said, does he have the time to change habits and learn new ones and to an NFL effective level.
Holding onto the inside of a persons pads are a big part of being a lineman. Hand placement. Dumb as heck to say he gonna be holding all the time cause he a wrestler, if anything it'll help him hold less. there's a reason 95% of high school line coaches recommend you wrestle too.

H

Holding onto the inside of a persons pads are a big part of being a lineman. Hand placement. Dumb as heck to say he gonna be holding all the time cause he a wrestler, if anything it'll help him hold less. there's a reason 95% of high school line coaches recommend you wrestle too.
A) that’s clearly an unofficial stat you just threw out there
B) another extreme exaggeration of what I said. No one suggested “he’s gonna be holding all the time”.

A) that’s clearly an unofficial stat you just threw out there
B) another extreme exaggeration of what I said. No one suggested “he’s gonna be holding all the time”.
It's not an unofficial I'd bet it's very close lol. And even to imply he'd hold any more at all due to being a wrestler is silly. You think if you chewed gum all day and went to drink water at night you'd chew it?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not an unofficial I'd bet it's very close lol. And even to imply he'd hold any more at all due to being a wrestler is silly. You think if you chewed gum all day and went to drink water at night you'd chew it?
Fun fact: when I was 4 I only drank warm Sprite and Id chew it.

My take on this guy making the team: he probably wont..

It takes a lot to make it in the NFL, by the time youre in the league you need to be pretty polished in most categories. This guy may have all the raw tools like size and maturity, etc... But hes in the pros and is NOT a professional football player. That college experience is HUGE, and he doesnt have those yrs under his belt.

We saw it with Taylor Thompson going from DE to TE. DGB going from nothing to WR (guy should have played LB), and a handful of rugby guys tying to transition into football, and some Canadian players.

History is not on his side. But at least he isnt DeAndre Walker, that guy was a waste of time from GO.

It takes a lot to make it in the NFL, by the time youre in the league you need to be pretty polished in most categories. This guy may have all the raw tools like size and maturity, etc... But hes in the pros and is NOT a professional football player. That college experience is HUGE, and he doesnt have those yrs under his belt.

We saw it with Taylor Thompson going from DE to TE. DGB going from nothing to WR (guy should have played LB), and a handful of rugby guys tying to transition into football, and some Canadian players.

History is not on his side. But at least he isnt DeAndre Walker, that guy was a waste of time from GO.
This ain't a Taylor Thompson situation . This dude was one of the best high school lineman of all time. He knows how to play the line.

This ain't a Taylor Thompson situation . This dude was one of the best high school lineman of all time. He knows how to play the line.
Hes in the same category as undrafted players, nothing to lose having him in camp holding bags and playing scout team.

If he can learn a thing or two along the way and apply it then good. But he has to do at least that much to even sniff the 53 man roster. He's yrs behind on this stuff.

Hes in the same category as undrafted players, nothing to lose having him in camp holding bags and playing scout team.

If he can learn a thing or two along the way and apply it then good. But he has to do at least that much to even sniff the 53 man roster. He's yrs behind on this stuff.
Not really. It ain't rocket science. It's like riding a bike. If he was one of the best ever in high school, I ain't worried. Not saying he a sure fired starter. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him be a top inside back
Up for us at the least.

DeAndre is only better than Isaiah Wilson.

Didn’t catch this part of his story either. I thought he was just a wrestler, not also a former OL.
The minor concern I brought up is even more null knowing he’s played before.

High School Oline is night and day different from what he is looking at. I hope he makes it but the odds are definitely against him. That is not a controversial take.

If he makes the team it means he is better than the guy who would have made it. As far as if he can acclimate, learn and reach that point over other guys that were quality OGs in college remains to be seen. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back