Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
WELCOME HOME AVERY.

Injuries have slowed down his career but he's always been a solid player. And he can stuff a running gap unlike somebody..

I hope Williamson comes in and starts immediately opposite Long Jr. We’d be replacing the worst run defender in the league with one of the best run defenders over the past decade. I hope he still has some pop. Could be a massive upgrade if it works out.

He might improve us against the run but he is also a liability in coverage so he probably shouldn't be out there unless we expect a run or are getting gashed like last week. Evans has regressed where he is a liability against the run and pass. Sad.

It was a bad look for him jumping over the pile into nothing but everyone seems to forget his goal line stuffs that he did make. One of which was in believable but I’m forgetting the game. He did the same thing but the back was actually there.

Don’t think Williamson comes in and starts right away. Think this might mean Monty’s injury is more serious than originally thought. We are thin a LB.

That being said Avery is one of the best tackling LB’ers we’ve ever had. He can’t cover but none of our LB’s can lol

The main issue we have is Evans is horrible at playing the run lanes. He constantly runs himself out of his area. The long run they had was right where Evans was standing at the snap. He flies over to Long's lane and completely takes himself out of the play. Williamson on the other hand is very good in that part of the game.

Long has some issues as well but he is also small and can't really take on blockers directly. Evans is playing totally undisciplined and needs to be replaced.

Others already stated this. He's one heck of a run thumper but a huge liability when he's covering any TE or RB.
Still I'm glad he's back one of my favorite Titans besides the obvious ones.

Great plug-in until Jayon comes back. Even after that, good depth/rotation on run plays
It was a bad look for him jumping over the pile into nothing but everyone seems to forget his goal line stuffs that he did make. One of which was in believable but I’m forgetting the game. He did the same thing but the back was actually there.
I mostly remember the two 4th down stops on Lamar Jackson against the Ravens in the playoffs two years ago. I believe David Long had a hand in both.

But I agree. That is a funny play to look at, and maybe he should of read it better, but I don't blame him for taking a chance there.

I remember that game but that was last season maybe even season before. This year he's not played great. Remember he was a 1st rounder and should be seeing things fast enough. Between him and landry getting resigned it's a no brainer. Get Harold on the books and I'll buy landry Jersey.

I like the singing. He's still only 29. Solid fill-in until Jayon comes back and then still a solid situational/depth piece. I think this could actually fix two spots... I've said this since we drafted Evans, he seems more suited to blitz and rush the passer. Start Williamson and Long inside. Move Evans to the outside and let him be a situational pass rusher opposite Landry.

This is just another great pickup by the Titans!!!! Another piece of the puzzle for this unstoppable force!!!!! Super Bowl bound!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back