Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather have had Sambrailo back for less. He played pretty well for us last year at times.
I think Lamm has more potential. He’s from a relatively small school in App State and may grow more based on coaching. And honestly, it ain’t all that much more.

I would rather have had Sambrailo back for less. He played pretty well for us last year at times.
Sambrailo and Queesenberry did okay because we gave them constant TE support. Jonnu completely disappeared from the pass game when Lewan went down. I think the Titans believe Lamm is better suited to handle the edge when needed without all the additional help.

Not to beat the dead horse, but this isnt necessary if Isaiah Wilson isnt a moron.

This move makes signing someone like Jayon much much harder.

So, you can argue that Wilson cost us any one of CD, Jonnu or Jayon.

Wow... we're putting faith in this guy to be our cornerstone. Lmao God help us
Yeah it's kinda weird, we went from thinking we needed to invest a first rounder on a tackle, to signing a budget dude who we thought would be depth, who is now our starter after cutting Kelly.....I must be missing something here

Yeah it's kinda weird, we went from thinking we needed to invest a first rounder on a tackle, to signing a budget dude who we thought would be depth, who is now our starter after cutting Kelly.....I must be missing something here
Sort of made a readjustment from last year too far.
Just think, Conklin to Kelley, To supposed to be Wilson, to Lamm.

I think we are jumping the gun to assume Lamm is our starter. We needed depth and that may still be his role. Let’s ride this out a bit longer and see what floats up.

I think we are jumping the gun to assume Lamm is our starter. We needed depth and that may still be his role. Let’s ride this out a bit longer and see what floats up.
That makes me sad if he’s not. We had Kelley and for not very expensive. If there are plans to replace him with someone else, it seems like all the money cutting efforts or draft efforts are getting dumped into a position that wasn’t a need to even change.

That makes me sad if he’s not. We had Kelley and for not very expensive. If there are plans to replace him with someone else, it seems like all the money cutting efforts or draft efforts are getting dumped into a position that wasn’t a need to even change.
It is possible Kelly gets resigned cheaper. I was never a huge fan of his as a starter. I feel we can upgrade, a 65.9 grade is decent, but we can find a starter more effective. AND before I get yelled at about Henry’s yards by someone, look at his yards after contact.

Right. Like why cut a sure thing for a not so sure thing while spending the same money basically? Maybe they hired a new RT talent evaluator after last seasons debacle?

Kelly was more than Lamm.

It only saved us like 4 mil(4 mil in dead cap give or take). Lamm was 4 mil so how was he more? We nickel and diming over this? Only thing I can imagine is that JR has ALOT of faith in this Lamm guy and wanted to get younger.

It only saved us like 4 mil(4 mil in dead cap give or take). Lamm was 4 mil so how was he more? We nickel and diming over this? Only thing I can imagine is that JR has ALOT of faith in this Lamm guy and wanted to get younger.
There is around a $2 mil annual differential in their salaries. Kelly would have been 5+Mil and Lamm is 3+ mil.

It is possible Kelly gets resigned cheaper. I was never a huge fan of his as a starter. I feel we can upgrade, a 65.9 grade is decent, but we can find a starter more effective. AND before I get yelled at about Henry’s yards by someone, look at his yards after contact.
I feel like his previous success and versatility will get him some money somewhere before re-signing with us for cheaper.

I just do not think he is better than Kelly. Maybe we are going to sign another T. We can draft one but not with a first or second round pick. Our track record with o-line in the first round not very good. Lewan was fine but panda and warmack were awful!

I wish we could find and develop someone in the later rounds like many nfl teams have and we used too

I just do not think he is better than Kelly. Maybe we are going to sign another T. We can draft one but not with a first or second round pick. Our track record with o-line in the first round not very good. Lewan was fine but panda and warmack were awful!

I wish we could find and develop someone in the later rounds like many nfl teams have and we used too
We need another Big Country!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back